Hacking How do you update IOS' in MMM?

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm trying to properly update IOS56 and add IOS58 so I can get camera support and the shopping channle without updating to 4.3 system update.

I understand I need to Use MMM but I do not know what to do. Previously and in another post I just picked options and now my wii boots to the exception DSI error screen.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
midnightmaraude said:
Hello. I'm trying to properly update IOS56 and add IOS58 so I can get camera support and the shopping channle without updating to 4.3 system update.

I understand I need to Use MMM but I do not know what to do. Previously and in another post I just picked options and now my wii boots to the exception DSI error screen.
You don't need to use MMM, you CAN use it.
If you want to update your clean IOSs, you can easily grab them with NUS Downloader (in wad form) and install them with WAD Manager or DOP-Mii.

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well here is what I did.

I just deleted ios56 and 58 and hten pressed A over each one. and applied the latest updates for them.

IOS 56 says v5662
IOS 58 is v6176
However, shopping channel is still not loading and saying system update needed.

I'm afraid I no longer have "clean" IOS'... as I have deleted what was originally in tehir places.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can get the latest shopping channel with NUS Downloader in wad form as well. Or use DOP-Mii to install it (under the channels menu).
There is also a program called WiiSCU that should update the shopping channel (no idea if it works with the latest Shopping Channel, probably though)

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to be a pain. I installed DOP-Mii over to the wii but I don't see any channels selection. Just a bunch of stuff about IOS'. Any directions?

nevermind I think I got it.

But.. at the moment I'm trying to install the speak cahnnel. It says downloading from NUS.... 00000000000012 and recweive error -116. It says that for about 4 times before it says Done.

then it goes onto downloading 00000000013 and there are six errors and it never says done but goes onto 000000000000014.

Is this normal?

I don't know how to manually download these channels from the NUS program on the pc.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ret=-116 means you have no internet connection. Make sure it it set up correctly.

As for the NUS Downloader way:
1) Get NUS Downloader: http://filetrip.net/f12050-NUS-Downloader-1-5a-Beta.html
2) Open up NUS Downloader. Check the pack->wad option at the bottom.
3) Click Database and go to System -> Shopping Channel -> All regions -> v20. Then click Start NUS Download.
4) After the download finishes, there will be a new folder at the same place where NUS Downloader is: 0001000248414241v20
5) Open that folder, there should be a wad file in it (Shopping Channel-NUS-v20.wad). Copy the WAD to SD:/WAD
6) Install with wad manager or DOP-Mii (in DOP-Mii, choose load from WAD when installing the channel)

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only version is v 19 that is the highest. There is a latest version to choose from but not sure if it is 20 or not.

LOL AT ME. I wish I read first. I updated the database. I see 20 now.

midnightmaraude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well....the wad thing didn't work for me. I placed the files in the WAD folder and even put em on root but mod wii wouldn't do anyhting when I selected load wad from sd card. Not sure if i needed to select a button on the wii itself to select that option or not. ANYWAY, I tethered my cell phone to the wii and the nus downloaded just fine and I have my channels. Thanks agian!

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
midnightmaraude said:
only version is v 19 that is the highest. There is a latest version to choose from but not sure if it is 20 or not.

LOL AT ME. I wish I read first. I updated the database. I see 20 now.
Whenever Nintendo releases an update, it takes a while for programs to be updated with the new revisions. That is one of the reasons I like using NUSD, as you can forgo the database and enter in items manually by it's title ID and request specific revisions. I also find Marcan's Wiimpersinator logs to be a great resource to use in tandem with NUSD. His logs are often the first to be updated with all the information on what titles have been added, or changed. You do have to know what you want beforehand, but if you do, NUSD and Wiimpersonator logs are keepers for anyone's Wii ToolBox.

Just wanted to share a great resource that I find useful, and I hope you do too.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @Psionic Roshambo i didn't go amd for one specific reason, the AI performance is way behind nvidia
    +1
    i just got a 4070ti
    oh yeah also DLSS is a pretty solid reason to go nvidia since fidelityfx is kinda crap
    and now with the rtx video upscaling, and sdr->hdr conversion, even more reason to go nvidia
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more