Hacking How do you update games if your if your console doesnt have the current version?

aekotra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if i used the cia update on emunand
will it work when i am back to sysnand ?
for example
i have 9.2 sysnand and 9.5 emunand
installed SSB update on emunand

I'm curious about that too. Put another way:

If I use a GW to setup emunand and install the Smash update, would a retail Smash cart running on 9.2 sysnand be able to use the update I installed?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To the OP, why don't you simply update to 9.5 and download the patch from eshop? You are on 9.4 so no gateway. You are a sky user and afaik sky works on 9.5

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you update games if your console doesnt have the current version? for example, i have 9.4 on the N3DS and its telling me that in order to play the game, even single player, i have to update the game. So how do I update the game without updating the console?

also, does anyone know where the SD card is on the N3DS? i cant seem to find it. lol

That only happens when you've saved the game on your cardridge with the update installed before.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if i used the cia update on emunand
for example
i have 9.2 sysnand and 9.5 emunand
installed SSB update on emunand

Should work if Sysnand and Emunand are linked, if not, then won't work.

aekotra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To the OP, why don't you simply update to 9.5 and download the patch from eshop? You are on 9.4 so no gateway. You are a sky user and afaik sky works on 9.5

I imagine this is why (Gateway)

We also want to inform our users about some news regarding emunand support for the New 3DS:
We will not be able to support emunand 9.5 or higher for a while on the New 3DS. This is only an issue for the New 3DS, the old 3DS and 2DS will never have this issue. This is not a definitive barrier, but we feel it necessary to inform our users that while we are still working on releasing our New 3ds support, we will not be able to provide support yet for 9.5 emunand or higher for New 3DS on release.

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That only happens when you've saved the game on your cardridge with the update installed before.
I'm curious about that too. Put another way:

If I use a GW to setup emunand and install the Smash update, would a retail Smash cart running on 9.2 sysnand be able to use the update I installed?

What are emunand and sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@