The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a few games I'd like to work on and see if I could translate, but I'm not sure how to even open up the game o.o;
How exactly does it work?
How do you do it?
What are the necessities for doing this?

Any help would be necessary and helpful :]

Thanks!

SpyMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Firstly extract the files of the rom with "ndstool" or "DSlazy".
Open them with a text editor. If you see text, you are very lucky !
If not, the translation will be harder.

You must open the files with an hex Editor like "xvi32" !

yaynds.gif

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is that really it? Wow, haha okay.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't text within text boxes written out? Which means that it could be translated, right?

I'm not to worried about images and the like that are to be translated, just the major text to understand what is up.

how do you get it back to the ROM though? o.o; I'm sure thats not just a "save your text file and exit" situation

is the hex editing only for editing images then? or is it more to it than that?

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Google is your friend, now use it. Unless you want to be useless and have people spoon feed you for everything for the rest of your life.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chill bro. I did Google it, but I couldn't find jack (mostly just ROM download links). Hell, one of the links took me back to these boards haha. I just needed some information on how to do this, not a lecture on using Google. :-\

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
CPhantom said:
Is that really it? Wow, haha okay.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't text within text boxes written out? Which means that it could be translated, right?

I'm not to worried about images and the like that are to be translated, just the major text to understand what is up.

how do you get it back to the ROM though? o.o; I'm sure thats not just a "save your text file and exit" situation

is the hex editing only for editing images then? or is it more to it than that?

In most games, you may need knowledge of programming to translate games. Some games have the text within compressed files and so on. Not only that, but many files need to be hex edited and the bytes offset changed. Also keep into account that the games have a set limit on the number of characters you can display per line, that and since the Japanese characters use a monospace font, your severely limited. You'll have to hack the game and change how the fonts get displayed to squeeze some more text in.

Its certainly far from easy to translate most of the Nintendo DS games you come across. It took some people years simply to hack and translate some games.

At any rates, heres more information
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87626

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"