Hacking Question How do you transfer emummc to a bigger SD Card whilst keeping all your data?

ZurvivorZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Recently purchased a 128gb microSD to replace the 64gb one I currently use, which I now plan on using with LineageOS. How do I transfer my (dirty) emummc across, keeping all my NSPs, homebrew and saves? I followed switchgui.de during the initial process, and I think I know how to do the partitioning, just wondering if it's a simple drag and drop process like on the 3DS or if there's more to it.

Thanks!

Edit for tech support purposes: I finally figured out what to do. I basically wiped my new SD, followed switchgui.de up till I'm done with the emuMMC making, didn't bother backing up the nand or keys (as I already had done both), boot into CFW to ensure its working, and then proceeded to copy across all the files from the old SD, and make sure you click skip for any duplicate files, as they're likely to be emummc related so don't touch them!

Last edited by ZurvivorZ,

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So back up your emummc vai hekate, make your new partition on the new card, restore backup to new partition on new card, transfer over all other files via standard methods.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have to partition the new SD card appropriately with your computer before transferring a NAND backup of your emuNAND to the new emuNAND partition.

ZurvivorZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So back up your emummc vai hekate, make your new partition on the new card, restore backup to new partition on new card, transfer over all other files via standard methods.

Thanks, I got it! Is it just the 'backup emummc option' in the hekate menu? Thankyou!

NDSAK2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have used dd on linux as well to copy the emuMMC partition to a new sdcard, if an out of switch solution is required. Partition the new card, then dd the emuMMC partition from the old to new sdcard. Copy the fat32 partition files and you're done. I did need to run the 'Migrate emuMMC' option in Hekate, other wise a boot-loop occurred.

Reactions: Pyronix

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I got it! Is it just the 'backup emummc option' in the hekate menu? Thankyou!
I think you also need to toggle that raw partition thingy. But yah it should be as easy as the backup and restore in Hekate, make sure it says emuMMC when you're doing it.

ZurvivorZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you also need to toggle that raw partition thingy. But yah it should be as easy as the backup and restore in Hekate, make sure it says emuMMC when you're doing it.

So I tried that, but it said something about the system becoming inoperable, so I pissed out and cancelled the thing. Do you know which menu options I have to do/which files I need?

Sorry for being a pain, as always.

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have imagined it would be:

Main Menu > emuMMC > Migrate emuMMC

Then to "restore" it, when creating should be:

Main Menu > emuMMC > Create emuMMC

During creation it should let you pick from your backup (obviously make sure the backup is on your SD card when creating).

Which part yelled at you?

No worries about being a pain man, we're all here to learn and help out.

ZurvivorZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would have imagined it would be:

Main Menu > emuMMC > Migrate emuMMC

Then to "restore" it, when creating should be:

Main Menu > emuMMC > Create emuMMC

During creation it should let you pick from your backup (obviously make sure the backup is on your SD card when creating).

Which part yelled at you?

No worries about being a pain man, we're all here to learn and help out.

So, going into migrate emummc says 'no emummc or foreign emunand found', despite the fact it says emummc is enabled. I don't have my rawnand files on the SD, I just dragged and dropped all the files and folders from my old sd to the new one, after partitioning. I do have the rawnand files and the boot1/0 and all that jazz you get from a backup, I'd just need to restore them, but I don't know where to.

From there going to create emummc asks me if I want it as an sd file or partition, which is better than before where I could have potentially bricked I guess! Granted I still don't really know where to go from here but at least I'm not going to brick myself by accident.

The menu which got angry at me and bullied me was Tools > and then both the backup and restore eMMC options got angry at me.

Thanks, again, for being so understanding and helpful!

EDIT: Also thought to mention that just trying to launch my Atmosphere emummc from the main menu just gives me a black screen and then takes me back to hekate, but I guess if we can't figure this out I could just wipe the sd and make a new emummc as I've only used this one for about 2 weeks.

Last edited by ZurvivorZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: