How Do You Think The FFVII Remake will handle Barret's and Cid's "Offensive" Speech?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    It just occured to me that this remake will feature voiced actors in the game, which if you know much about the characters, Barret and Cid have a pretty abusive vocabulary in the game. Of course they use swear words out of anger and frustration, they do say it a lot, with the idea of it being voiced, it could either have a different script to still have the Teen rating or just get a mature rating. Not that is a big deal or important but is just a idea knowing that playing the original game and reading lines like $*#% and such would be silly to still have dialogue like that. For all we know it could just get the generic *BEEP* in those lines. If it was like that i would be okay with that. It be funny that is why. :P

SomecallmeBerto likes this.
  2. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    I think their lines will just be fixed so they say things like damn, unless they go the M route.

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    If they stay teen and Just use comical BEEPS i'd be fine with that. :P

But if they do decide to make it mature or anything i guess is just mean less people who can play the game. Although when the PC release is available, it could easily be uncensored.

4. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH A normal user

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    I don't think they'll go the M route, i think they'll modify the dialogues A LOT to keep the original rating

5. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Can't argue with that there. Though if they did, I wonder how much of the personality will be left for the character. :P

6. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    I can't stand those beeps, and always when they are done it's super forced and not funny. That's just me though.

7. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    They could go the safe way too, saying $*#% as angry sounding gibberish... depending on what else is said of course. *mumble grumble*