• Replies 236
  • Likes 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm reluctant to ask this question for several reasons

- When people ask questions like this online most of the answers range from useless (just be yourself) to both stupid and useless (all the examples that come to mind would instantly derail the thread).

- I've learned a lot more about girls from real life than posts online.

- My friends who do get laid tell me my social skills are up to the job. I believe them and just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen.

But with that said, I have never had a girlfriend before and you do find some useful pieces of information in threads like these.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, try talking to lots of them. Behave like you usually do and don't act any different than you normally would. Is simple, just go up to one and talk. Is not complex, is not anything tactical or some skill. Just be yourself.

Reactions: THYPLEX and Chary

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You get in front of one an then you press A
/runs/

Ok, idk I'm not good to getting in somene I don't know and just start talking about somehing, but if this is the idea, I don't get what you want to do actually, but do like you do with something else you want to talk about something, this gonna work, if work to guys.

I first read your thread name like it was to talk like a girl:unsure:(and I do love voice acting XD not that I'm any good with that...)

Last edited by Sliter,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reluctant to ask this question for several reasons

- When people ask questions like this online most of the answers range from useless (just be yourself) to both stupid and useless (all the examples that come to mind would instantly derail the thread).

- I've learned a lot more about girls from real life than posts online.

- My friends who do get laid tell me my social skills are up to the job. I believe them and just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen.

But with that said, I have never had a girlfriend before and you do find some useful pieces of information in threads like these.

You'll want to find someone like yourself who shares your interests if you want a meaningful relationship. So ask yourself this: why haven't you approached a girl? Probably the same reason a person you would want to be with hasn't approached a guy-- they are shy also! They may also be socially awkward and give off incorrect body language when you do talk to them because they don't know how to act or respond. If you're looking for a nerdy girl, you aren't going to find her at a bar or a hip social spot, she's going to be at home on her computer or playing games. That doesn't mean she doesn't want to date... she totally wants a relationship too :O Try to figure out what online meet-up services are popular in your area and check those out, they are far less in-your-face engaging and are much more appealing to shy or introverted people because it lets them approach with caution and gives them time for consideration!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna have to be a bit more specific. Are we talking girls online, random girls you meet IRL or girls you know but don't talk to often? Either way you're going to have an interesting amount of replies on a forum that has majority of users that have yet to kiss a girl, let alone have sex with one. (No offense to those that haven't. You'll find someone. Eventually. Probably.)

Online:

Don't be a "thirsty" guy. Majority of guys swarm a girl online as soon as they hear them speak. Be cool and don't send them a message every time you see them online. If they want to talk or play games then they'll usually ask you first if they're interested. Don't follow any of that be yourself stuff because you'll think too hard about what "yourself" consists of to the point where you won't know what to say at all. Playing games or watching shows with someone is a great way to get to know them, create bonds and ultimately drown out the occasional silence. You want to think of them as a friend before you even consider them as something more. Treat them like one as well until you get some definite telltale signs that they might be interested in you. (Do they always want to hang out with you and just you? Do they message you first when they notice you're online? Are they single? Etc.) From there just let things happen. One day after a movie or something tell them how you feel and see if they share those feelings. Done, GF acquired. She doesn't share those feelings? You still have a friend who enjoys your company.

IRL:

Fuck if I know man. I'm a strong advocate of online dating websites as they let you know a few things ahead of time before meeting up. (Are they interested in a monogamous relationship? Do they drink, do drugs, party? Are they a gamer? What did they say in their profile? Etc.) From there I'd usually just spend like a week or two chatting with them before meeting up. That's enough time to see if I click with them enough to bother going out with them for the night. Most of the time I end up finding someone online, chat, game with them for a week and then see if they'd like to meet up for a movie or something.

Notes: I want to be super clear. This is my advice that tends to work for me. If you're into polygamy or just want to get laid then this advice most likely isn't for you. You need to be cool, calm and collected. Going into a friendship with someone and expecting a relationship out of it is a no no. If you want it to last then you want to make a friend first and take it from there. I've made the mistake of rushing into relationships due to feeling lonely and they've never worked out in the end. Either because the girl ended up being a twat or I didn't really feel the same way about them. It was unfair of me to be in a relationship with someone who was giving it 100% and I was only giving 50%.

tl;dr Be chill, don't be "thirsty" and ultimately don't change how you act because they're a girl. If they want the princess treatment then they most likely aren't worth it. This has been my post for the week.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
...these threads always make me laugh

There's no real method to talk to a girl, because, this may be a shocker...but girls are humans, too. You just go up to one and talk to them like they're any other person. Typical "how do I socialize" stuff, like asking what their hobbies are, do they like video games, etc.

If you're trying to only talk to women just to get laid, and no reason else then I have no words of advice cuz that's just kinda sleezy.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
honestly you have to get used to the fact that ladies are just like dudes. it sounds cliche and not very good advice but being yourself is the key. if they are not receptive to you the relationship wouldn't work once you get comfy after bringing your a game anyways. if you dont want a relationship than why stress out over nothing either?

Reactions: THYPLEX

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
...these threads always make me laugh

There's no real method to talk to a girl, because, this may be a shocker...but girls are humans, too. You just go up to one and talk to them like they're any other person. Typical "how do I socialize" stuff, like asking what their hobbies are, do they like video games, etc.

If you're trying to only talk to women just to get laid, and no reason else then I have no words of advice cuz that's just kinda sleezy.
I know right. There nothing else that can be said. He even said that typical responses are stupid and useless. So what answer does he want?

He should wear a pokemon shirt though. Girls get wet over pokemon. Jigglypuff shirt would do nicely.

Reactions: Jbrighton

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the answers are "just like any other person", but how do you do that? I always use something like current schoolwork, and I talk to my coworkers about work. I think the only way I could talk to a total stranger is spinning a compliment into a conversation. I don't remember the last time I ever did that though. Let's say I managed to do that, I get a girl's number (or any person's number really). What reason do I have to talk to them again and text them? Of course I would want to, but what do I say?

Reactions: Jbrighton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over