How do you setup SMB on Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Centrix, Jan 19, 2012.

Jan 19, 2012

How do you setup SMB on Wii? by Centrix at 7:28 PM (2,713 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Just wondering how to setup the SMB on the emulators for SNES, GBA, NES and Wii MC I found tutorials but there confusing the hell out of me lol theres gotta be a simpler way I enter my ip and nothing tells me it can't connect and no firewall or router it blocking me. I think I'm just doing something wrong or not understanding how to setup the SMB!?

Any Help is greatly appreciated :)

2. musicman61554

Member musicman61554 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright man, make sure your drive (computer) is shared with everyone. When it is shared there is usually a name or you can make a name for it (like B drive or whatever or the name of the folder you are sharing). Then enter your ip (192.168.1.1 or whatever it is). If it is password protected enter the password. You have to be careful because certain operating systems are very picky with sharing drives. Windows XP is pretty easy but Vista and Windows 7 can be really annoying sometimes. Also if you are using Avast it can interfere with sharing with the wii. That is something I came across. Good luck. SMB can be very easy or REALLY ANNOYING. Search google if all else fails. There are many forums telling people how to use SMB.

3. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Yeah I know tried a few and still couldn't get it to work I just wanted to try it and see how it went if it was better to play on SMB than using my external and what not :P

4. RemixDeluxe

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Is this topic about Super Mario Bros? I cant think of anything else that starts with SMB.

5. mechadylan

Member mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Server Message Block; affectionately referred to as "Samba." It's a protocol for transferring files between "clients" and "servers;" usually in a LAN.

6. RemixDeluxe

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    That sounds interesting. Thanks for the correction.

7. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Windows 7 file sharing works great it's just as good as having the data on a hdd maybe a Tad slower when loading. Just don't try to share the root of a drive it fails miserably for me. Make a folder and share the folder. That would be what you fill in under share name in the settings. The ip address is the default gateway address on your LAN you can find that by going to the start menu type in cmd when you get the prompt type ipconfig you will see a bunch. Of numbers find the default gateway and you should be all set

8. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    What OS do you have on your computer?