How do you send picks to a phone from PC?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to send picks to my girl friends phone for the holidays since we can't spend it together for some stupid reasons. How do you go about doing this? what size should I send them in? any help would be great!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What phone? I can email myself pictures on my iPhone. I'd use one of the free picture messaging services on the web to send her some pictures, if you can't email them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That depends on the phone make and on the method of transfer you'd be interested in.

I'm assuming that the two of you are apart, so simple USB is out of question... That said...

I would resize the photos to a smaller resolution, 640x480 is pretty common. Use a light-weigh format, like .png or .jpeg (lower quality but you'll jam more in one message/send them for cheaper/send them quicker.

Once you've done that, you should put the photos on your phone. If you have an SD slot - use that. If you don't, use the standard data transfer cable which you recieved with your handset.

Next, send them via MMS... that said, wouldn't e-mailing them be easier? I mean, your girlfriend surely has access to a PC.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends on the phone make and on the method of transfer you'd be interested in.

I'm assuming that the two of you are apart, so simple USB is out of question... That said...

I would resize the photos to a smaller resolution, 640x480 is pretty common. Use a light-weigh format, like .png or .jpeg (lower quality but you'll jam more in one message/send them for cheaper/send them quicker.

Once you've done that, you should put the photos on your phone. If you have an SD slot - use that. If you don't, use the standard data transfer cable which you recieved with your handset.

Next, send them via MMS... that said, wouldn't e-mailing them be easier? I mean, your girlfriend surely has access to a PC.

Yes and no, the reason she and her daughter are not up here is cause she sprained here ankle...so she has to stay in bed 24/7 and keep her foot elevated and soak it in Epson salt, I just hope it heals in 1 to 2 weeks cause we don't want to wait for another month for her to to move out here, wish there was a simpler solution to this ankle problem, sigh! but because of that she doesn't have access to the pc at the moment. And whats the phones email? how do you find it? shes sent me plenty of picks via her phone to my google mail account.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Yes and no, the reason she and her daughter are not up here is cause she sprained here ankle...so she has to stay in bed 24/7 and keep her foot elevated and soak it in Epson salt, I just hope it heals in 1 to 2 weeks cause we don't want to wait for another month for her to to move out here, wish there was a simpler solution to this ankle problem, sigh! but because of that she doesn't have access to the pc at the moment.
That's sad to hear. I hope she gets better soon!
And whats the phones email? how do you find it? shes sent me plenty of picks via her phone to my google mail account.
It's complicated. A phone doesn't have an e-mail account, you can send MMS messages to her though. Alternatively you can upload pictures on a service like Picassa and she'll be able to view them on her phone's internet browser. Your best bet though are MMS'es straight to her, seeing that it's the cheapest method.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With my phone, I can text and send pictures to my email account. Of course, I'm with verizon and when I do the reply {mynumber}@vtext.com. Have you tried texting to your email address?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
My first Android phone made me register with google as part of the initial setup process. Then again, it was the first Android phone, and a Google-phone at that.

Knowing the company name and model of the phone would help us immensely in knowing how to tell you how to send pics. For example, the process would be very different for my friend's Blackberry compared to my HTC Desire HD. My old Motorola RAZR V3i m also had it's own way of sending pictures. Then there's iPhone...

Also, the network provider doesn't affect much. The same processes would work for T-Mobile phones as O2 phones (or Verizon and other US equivolents - I'm just giving examples).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ylJfYaYDCB8?si=ibuk9TwDlo8Q63cp