Hacking How do you send in a DS Lite to get a new one?

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's still under warranty, but there's a speck of dust under both screens, and somehow, there are some scratches that are only visible under direct light except for one which is visible under some light. The DS is NOT EVEN one month old (grid screen), and I'm the most obsessive person about taking care of stuff (I pretty much wipe the screens every power on and off), so this is pissing me off to no end. How can I send it in under warranty and get it replaced?

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I beleive you have two options. The best way to send it in IMO would be to ask Nintendo to send you a spare DS Lite which is supposed to come with a box that you use to ship your defected DS to them. I'm not sure but I think this method requires a credit card because they're supposed to charge you an extra $130 if you keep the spare and they don't recieve your bad DS. Well I'm not sure if this applies in all countries but if you live in the US, you're definately in luck, just go to www.nintendo.com for instructions.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I live in the US, but the thing is, my DS isn't really "defective" because it plays games fine....except the A and B buttons get hard to press sometimes randomly, but I don't know how I can make up some problem to Nintendo to get them to let me keep the spare when they get my DS and see that "technically" nothing is wrong with it.......=/

EDIT: I learned that a yellow tint on the touch screen is a "problem" that can be fixed. Is this true? I thought every grid screen DS has it. Is this something I can complain about and send it in for? I mean, it is listed as a "sympton" in ign's defect review.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that is risky, though, if they find out, you've lost 130 dollars. And how would the warranty work? Since you "returned" the DS with your OLD serial number on it, but the receipt is for the serial number you currently have, it would become invalid again until someone else bought it, right?

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Who told you all grid screens had a yellow tint?! That is untrue. I have a grid screen (regular) ds with no yellow tint. In fact, I bought a ds with a reddish tint and took it back!

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I guess I have a 100% chance of complaining to Nintendo about my yellow tint and being able to send it in? That's good, but now I'm worried my replacement will be even worse and have a problem they won't replace, like a bad d-pad. They do exist, in fact. It has to do with being able to click your d-pad and have it be stable. Or go up-down and left-right normally, and if you hear a click, that's bad.

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
If the yellow tint doesn't bother you, I wouldn't send it in.
Does the dust really bother you? I would think it would only bother you if visible when te screen is on (and not black).
These dslites have so many different faults...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello