Hacking How do you save onto the G6?

adz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is probably a stupid question but I know there is a way to save the gamestate into a save file on the cart itself rather than using the in-game save function (or am I wrong?)

can someone please tell me how to do this, would be much appreciated

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamestates (AKA real time saves) only work for GBA games. As far as I know no cart supports gamestates for DS games.

When you transfer the game to the cart with the U-disk program you can enable gamestates by checking the box for 'Enable Real Time'. Press A+B+L+R in the game to bring up the save menu.

Gamestates are stored in the .is0, .is1 and .is2 files on the cart. In-game saves are stored in the .0, .1 and .2 files. Always go back to the G6 menu and let it process the save data before backing up or restoring save files.

adz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gamestates (AKA real time saves) only work for GBA games. As far as I know no cart supports gamestates for DS games.

When you transfer the game to the cart with the U-disk program you can enable gamestates by checking the box for 'Enable Real Time'. Press A+B+L+R in the game to bring up the save menu.

Gamestates are stored in the .is0, .is1 and .is2 files on the cart. In-game saves are stored in the .0, .1 and .2 files. Always go back to the G6 menu and let it process the save data before backing up or restoring save files.

ok thanks

so when you remove a ds game from the cart is there anyway to backup save games?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When the cart is connected to the computer it acts like a USB drive. You can copy the files with windows explorer or 'my computer', or you can select the save file in the U-disk program and click 'read'. The .0 file is your main in-game save. The .1 and .2 files are only used if you press select in the G6 menu and copy your main save to one of those files.

I already said this, but it's important so I'll repeat it: Always go back to the G6 menu and let it process the save data before backing up or restoring save files. If you don't, the file you back up may not be the most recent save, or a save file you are copying back to the cart may be overwritten.

Deleting a game with the U-disk program deletes the saves as well, so back them up first.

compton2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I already said this, but it's important so I'll repeat it: Always go back to the G6 menu and let it process the save data before backing up or restoring save files
How do you exit a game and go back to the g6 menu? Thanks

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I already said this, but it's important so I'll repeat it: Always go back to the G6 menu and let it process the save data before backing up or restoring save files
How do you exit a game and go back to the g6 menu? Thanks
You turn the DS off and then turn it back on. When it goes into the G6 menu it will say "processing data" while it copies the save data from SRAM into the save file for whatever game you played last.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1