How do you save in Skyward Sword?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by RemixDeluxe, Nov 11, 2011.

Nov 11, 2011
  1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I noticed there are periods of time in which you can save the game but is there a way to do so without having to continue the game to get to a checkpoint?

2. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I never knew that game came out on the DS.

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    I'm sorry I havent had any sleep and I didnt see where I was posting. If any mods wanna move this feel free to do so.\

4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Does anyone know? I dont want to just leave my game running paused.

5. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Moved to the wii section.

And you need to talk to one of the bird(?) statues to save. I don't think there's another way.

6. Storm101

Newcomer Storm101 Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah it apparently only uses save points... Very disappointing. It made sense in Majora's Mask, but I can't figure out why they did it for this game.

7. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Storm how is that disappointing? You could save anywhere in previous Zelda games, sure... But who knows where you'd be when you came back? At best you'd probably be back at the beginning of the dungeon, and have to navigate all the way back to where you were.

This method preserves your location.

8. Storm101

United States
    Being at the beginning of a dungeon was just fine. I can't imagine this game will have save points in the middle of dungeons or anything either, so you'll have to backtrack to the entrance or hurry and beat it if you want to save.

9. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Well you have a bad imagination then. There's savepoints all over the dungeons. Played the demo? You have access to a full dungeon and they're there. One right before the boss even.

10. Storm101

United States
    Well that doesn't make much sense. They might as well just make them into checkpoints or something and still allow you to save anytime.

11. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Perhaps.

12. misticknight

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Yer im dissapointed in this feature too, are they trying to make it more RPGish and forcing save points? The saves worked fine before, WW had those pots in dungeons too as check points IIRC so yu can save and still start from the last oen you used if you reload the game. I guess ill get used to it but with work and my bro playing heaps of games so we need to share the TV , i dont like the fact ill be forced to play longer till i find a save if im like tired and want to sleep. Also is there a way to make Z as hold i dont like switch? And wheres my friggin mini-map?>

Other than those minor gripes though the game is prety awesome so far, havent played enough to say if itst he best zelda though :)

13. Storm101

United States
    Yeah I forgot about those. TP had Ooccoo or whatever her name was to retain your position in a dungeon as well.

14. misticknight

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Its stupid realy, but if thats the only bad thing i find in the game ill be really happy, even TP which is my favoruite 3D zelda (so far), had worse things than save points.