Gaming How do you save in New Super Mario Bros.?

tackle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to save in this game without completing a boss level or unlocking a path using 5 star coins?

If you just play a level or two, and hit start to return to menu, it says you'll lose the unsaved data. Where do I save then?
Anybody?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeah, its lame
there's probably an action replay code to unlock the save ability right from the start.. or maybe a patch or something

at the least, you could just download a completed .sav

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
First of all you guys are straight up kids. The save system in New Super Mario Bros. is simple enough, and is very respective of how saving works in a real 2D Mario platformer, think SNES or NES, like Mario World or Mario Bros. 3, the last real Super Mario Bros.

The save system prompts you to save whenever you:
1) Complete a tower.
2) Complete a castle.
3) Spend 5 coins to knock down a sign.

Of course you can save any time after you beat the game, but if you don't have 5 of the coins that the game throws at you, damn son.

Really the save system is fine. I guess Nintendo thinks that after removing the level of difficulty and scarcity of lives, kiddy noobs won't complain, but even dumbed down the one thing similar to the originals still gets to people.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i know what the mario save system was like back then im not a "kid". I was complaining about it because the nds is a handheld system its made for fast gaming ( play one level and turn it off) sometimes you dont have enough time to play 5 levels just to save.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The save system in New Super Mario Bros. is simple enough, and is very respective of how saving works in a real 2D Mario platformer, think SNES or NES, like Mario World or Mario Bros. 3, the last real Super Mario Bros.

Mario3 allowed you to quicksave at anytime on the worldmap. They should have used the same system in nsmb.

six-five-two

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was complaining about it because the nds is a handheld system its made for fast gaming ( play one level and turn it off) sometimes you dont have enough time to play 5 levels just to save.
Yeah just what I was going to say aswell. The DS is meant for those places where you have to wait like 5-10 for something. I don't think it is that easy to get 5 coin things in like 5-10 minutes.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was complaining about it because the nds is a handheld system its made for fast gaming ( play one level and turn it off) sometimes you dont have enough time to play 5 levels just to save.
Yeah just what I was going to say aswell. The DS is meant for those places where you have to wait like 5-10 for something. I don't think it is that easy to get 5 coin things in like 5-10 minutes.

NSMB is a bit of a pain when it comes to save method that it uses, but once you've complete the game you can save anytime you like.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those moaning who only have '5-10 mins' gaming sessions havn't any of you guys heard of "sleep mode"?

Besides if you use warps you can complete the game in well under half an hour!

smile.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Well, there's 3 in each level.
tongue.gif

craig588

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember when I beat the game I had a surplus of about 60 coins. There's more than enough as long as you're not saving after you complete every level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night