Hacking How do you rip saves from original DS games?

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is kind of a silly question, but is it possible to take a save from a flashcart and feed it into a retail cart with Rein? For instance, I've got Tetris DS save on my flashcart, but I'm letting a friend borrow the cart for a week so I'd like to transport the save over to my retail copy of Tetris.

Is this possible?

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it's possible...

you would use 'Restore'to do that...
In Rein, right?

Also, I have a G6 Flash. Do those SuperCard instructions work for the G6?

EDIT: Those SuperCard instructions decidedly do not work for the G6. I get errors. I get a white screen just running the file on its own.

EDIT2: Trying ETool 3.13, no luck here either -- clearly, I'm retarded. I told it to copy EEProm to SRAM, but what do I do now? I just want a save file!

EDIT3: Nevermind, I'm a fucking idiot. This functionality is built directly into the G6's firmware and it works like a charm. What a waste of an hour! (But hey, props to the G6 guys -- this shit works almost like one might expect a retail product to work!)

shadoskill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK UMM A BIT OF CAUSION NOT SURE THO BUT IN THE REIN15 FOLDER I DOWNLOADED IN THE NO CRASH ME .TXT WERE A FEW LINKS TO TROJENS AND STUFF
TO LIKE Trojan.DSBrick.A (r0mloader.nds)
Trojan.DSBrick.B (taihen.nds)
NOT SURE DUE TO MOST OF IT IS LIKE
®AV•·‚»‚Ì‘¼‚ÌWeb‚É‚Í”û‘Á‚ȉðŽß‚Ì‹LŽ–‚ª‘½‚­A‚ ‚Ü‚èŽQl‚É‚È‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS I MIGHT BE RONG BUT idk
pluss i culdnt get rein15 to work so i tryed looking at the text files but i found ^stuff i said befor^

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@shadoskill you bumped a two and a half year old thread because?
As I recall the authors of these apps either got hit by them or had someone that did so they included protection (in moonshell it is there) or information on the subject.

These days I suggest you use rudolph's rom dumper, it is DLDI based and has save game support:
http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/Backup/
There is also a wifi and a 3 in 1 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over