How do you rip Dual-Layer?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djcraze, Jul 6, 2008.

1. djcraze
    OP

djcraze Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2008
    United States
    So, I have noticed that tons of people have been able to rip dual-layer discs for the Wii, but have also noticed that there is trouble doing so?

IS there some special technique to ripping Dual-Layer or is it just as simple as opening Raw Dump 2.1 and go?

Thanks for your time,
    Kyle

2. BigX

BigX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2007
    Canada
    over there
    well my copy of Brawl is still in the mail (for over a week now) :-S but as soon I'll receive it...I'm giving it a try...
    I don't know why it shouldn't work...
    the dvd reader should be able to read both layer and rawdump surely addresses the data via sectors (and should read the # of sector from the inserted media)....but that's all theory by now :-p

3. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
    I'm pretty sure its impossible to dump dual-layer right now, because the dumper only dumps the 1st layer. The only way to play a backup of Brawl right now is to get your hands on a PAL Super Smash Bros. ISO and burn it on a dual layer disc. Anybody, correct me if I'm wrong! [​IMG]

4. Kiljaeden

Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2006
    Sydney
  5. wabo

wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2003
    Canada
    Canada
  6. BigX

BigX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2007
    Canada
    over there
    FYI: rawdumb 2.0 doesn't work for me on DL

7. Kiljaeden

Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Sep 26, 2006
    Sydney
    Just dumped SSBB 7.92GB iso using Friidump. Took about 8 hours on a GDR-8163B

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice