Hacking How do you remove screen protector??

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Scotch tape, of course! Get a nice long piece, stick it on, and pull. A long piece is needed to increase surface area of adhesive to screen protector, thus increasing the amount possible "pressure" to pull out the screen protector. Also have your stylus ready to put under the screen protector when it's coming out. No damage, you're working only with plastic!!

WongD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scotch tape, of course! Get a nice long piece, stick it on, and pull. A long piece is needed to increase surface area of adhesive to screen protector, thus increasing the amount possible "pressure" to pull out the screen protector. Also have your stylus ready to put under the screen protector when it's coming out. No damage, you're working only with plastic!!

Thanks for your tips!! I scratched the corner a bit, not a deep scratch though ..... should ask before I do this ...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man! I made the mistake of putting one of those Pelican screen protectors on my touch screen and I can't get it off of there. I tried scotch tape....didn't work. I tried DUCT tape, still didn't work. It's stuck tight. I have 2 sets of Hori protectors and I put the top screen one on after cleaning the glue the crappy Pelican brand left on it, but I can't move the bottom one at all.

Quite annoying.

Swordmyth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man! I made the mistake of putting one of those Pelican screen protectors on my touch screen and I can't get it off of there. I tried scotch tape....didn't work. I tried DUCT tape, still didn't work. It's stuck tight. I have 2 sets of Hori protectors and I put the top screen one on after cleaning the glue the crappy Pelican brand left on it, but I can't move the bottom one at all.

Quite annoying.
Is this what you had?
http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,4032.htm
Its HORI ds lite screen protector I was wondering if it was good seeing I already ordered it and I dont want to screw of my screen of a crappy protector.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a pelican, and I hated it. Scotch tape worked for me as an initial pull, then you use your stylus or a soft plastic card to finish the job. Or even better, you can get creative with two pieces of scotch tape! :-)

anyway, adhesive can be removed with a soft lens cloth (research, please!) and water. yes! Nintendo tech guys recommend water! ... but customer service told me to use a very very very dry wet cloth if that makes sense. in other words, have your cloth wet, but get it barely wet.

I also got the tip of using scotch tap to remove adhesive, but I don't trust the tech guy that much. you can't tell who it is when your conversation is on the phone.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man! I made the mistake of putting one of those Pelican screen protectors on my touch screen and I can't get it off of there. I tried scotch tape....didn't work. I tried DUCT tape, still didn't work. It's stuck tight. I have 2 sets of Hori protectors and I put the top screen one on after cleaning the glue the crappy Pelican brand left on it, but I can't move the bottom one at all.

Quite annoying.

Is this what you had?
http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,4032.htm
Its HORI ds lite screen protector I was wondering if it was good seeing I already ordered it and I dont want to screw of my screen of a crappy protector.

Yep, those are the ones.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just don't use corrosive substances to try remove the screen protector (eg. methylated spirits). Won't work anyway
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."