how do you remove Hori screen protectors

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lalalalala, Apr 13, 2008.

Apr 13, 2008
  1. lalalalala
    OP

Newcomer lalalalala Advanced Member

Canada
    I bought some "geniune" hori protectors from leetmod.com a few weeks back. It hasn't even been that long but the screen is COVERED with scratches. I'm praying that my DS screen has not suffered too much. Now I want the bottom protector off, and I'm going to buy some from bestskinever. The thing is, the Hori is such a tight fit... I tried a wooden tooth pick. . . Didn't work. I'm going to buy some extra strength duct tape to try and get it off. But I really just want it off. Also, the touch screen acts a little weird, as in it's a little "sticky" to the stylus. What are some other possibles ways to get it off besides duct tape?

2. DarkWing

Member DarkWing Advanced Member

United States
    Hmm not quite sure of whats wrong with your protectors.. Shouldnt be any sticking to it for sure.. But should also come off with little problem.. A toothpick should get it up with no problems.. Long as its nothing metallic i would think wouldnt scratch your screen.. So work around that idea..
    DW

3. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Hmm... I usually use my short fingernails, but if that doesn't work try using the corner of a business card, insert underneath.

4. PigVenus

Member PigVenus GBAtemp Regular

Sri Lanka
    Aren't the Hori screen protectors just supposed to be static cling? I would never use a screen protector that has some type of sticky adhesive.

5. resres

Newcomer resres Member

United States
    I use a pin.. but just be careful, because, well, pins are pretty sharp.

6. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If duct tape didn't overcome the bond, next I would try some superglue. Small piece of plastic, glue it near the corner of the protector (carefully, try not to leak superglue into your DS) and assuming that it bonds after a minute, should be able to peel it right off.

If that fails, get a piece of paper and try to tuck it under the protector. If you can wedge it in there, you should be able to shift it until you can just pull off the protector. It will divide the bond but the paper won't damage the surface of the screen, I use this all the time in getting stickers off of things.

If that fails, I suppose I would very carefully try to do it with a razor blade.

7. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    a very thin piece of paper works best. just slip it through the edge and separate.

8. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    When I was taking off some random screen protector I had to replace it with a genuine hori, I just lifted the corner with my fingernail, but something else reasonably sturdy yet thin could work. Maybe something like a credit card?

9. reiichiroh

Newcomer reiichiroh Member

I can confirm Hori have adhesive whereas the pdp-branded EBGames Storebrand ones do not.

10. ndpndnt16

Member ndpndnt16 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    its easy!!!just get a hammer and smash your ds you will get the old hori!!!hehe just joking its simple try buying those small thin knife and slowly get the hori!!!i already changed twice its easy!!!after you remove the protector you should put some hmmm i forgot the name but its a liquid spray thingy from philips.for removing adhesive,rust etc like that....your ds should be shiny as a new...hey last time i bought a hori protector for mobile phone and you cant even scrach it using nails and touch pens...i wonder why original hori for ds always damaged by scraching on it?my old screen protector for phone was good!!!=)its still there for 2-3 years already

11. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    A fingernail or something equivalent should suffice.

12. Rice923

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There are lots of fake Hori screen protectors on the market. Some people think they have a genuine, but also report having scratches. I could be wrong, but it seems like a reasonable explanation.