Hardware How do you play GameCube Games on a Wii properly (no emulation) Original White Wii

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks,

I was wondering how do you set your Wii up properly to play GameCube games. Now of course I have no games I can play on the Wii. So I wanted to set it up first before getting set up.

Now I know how to set it up properly where you are able to lay the Wii down horizontally, where it has a secret component. Which has the following,

- GameCube Ports,

Of course I can't do that right now. Due to it having to be rewired a lot, and having to move a lot of things around before getting it in a horizontal position, and I'm talking about moving a complete Table out of the way to do this (like a desk.)

So I been looking around sites, and found that a 256 MB or "block", GameCube Save Data Card would be perfect to load up game titles. The question is however, could I only use cards for separate games at once, or would it allow you to play save games on the card no matter what. Even if there are multiple games present inside the card.

The next step for me is figuring out if I will need any alternative cables needed for GameCube Games to produce pixels on the screen.

Also would I need a certain TV Format to play GameCube Games, certain Width, Height, etc...

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
If you use Nintendont, you can use different controller than a GameCube controller and it can play multiple different games off of an SD card. It can also emulate a GameCube memory card that is stored on the SD so you shouldn't have any trouble with space there either.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use Nintendont, you can use different controller than a GameCube controller and it can play multiple different games off of an SD card. It can also emulate a GameCube memory card that is stored on the SD so you shouldn't have any trouble with space there either.

Well I normally use a 4 GB Card for all my Wii app's, and it's mostly half way taken up with space for Wii Utilities/Mod's.

Would there be a work around with that? I know you can use seperate ones. But without having certian utilities on the Wii (such as Priiloader.) Would I have issues on my Wii?

For example having Mymenuify on it, having a theme installed, and then using another SD Card?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont can also use an external hard drive, but it's a little difficult to setup (formatting the external hard drive in most cases).

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont can also use an external hard drive, but it's a little difficult to setup (formatting the external hard drive in most cases).

I have plans for buying a 500, or so GB External Hard Drive for USB Loader GX. But if I format it specificly for USB Loader GX would that be a problem when using it for ninendont?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, if you format it as FAT32 it will work with both Nintendont and USB Loader GX.

Or partition the external hard drive: The first (very first!) partition should be formatted to NTFS, then the second partition has to be formatted to FAT32.
The first partition is used for Wii games and the second partition is used for GameCube games.

If you're on Windows, an easy way to format the secondary partition to FAT32, is to use the program "Wii Backup Manager".

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Or partition the external hard drive: The first (very first!) partition should be formatted to NTFS, then the second partition has to be formatted to FAT32.
The first partition is used for Wii games and the second partition is used for GameCube games.

If you're on Windows, an easy way to format the secondary partition to FAT32, is to use the program "Wii Backup Manager".
There's no need to make the first partition NTFS. If a game is over 4GB, Wii backup Manager automatically compresses it with WBFS and splits it so that it fits onto the FAT32 drive.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by (no emulation)?

Original white Wii's are able to play GameCube Games (Built in by default.). I was wondering if I needed any alternative things to play it (Such as a extra video cable, or specific size tv.)

But we kind of went off topic with Nintendont (I'm assuming becuase of confusion with the main question.)

My question was later on awnsered with the question in mind. But a little off topic since this has nothing to do with Wii Hacking.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original white Wii's are able to play GameCube Games (Built in by default.). I was wondering if I needed any alternative things to play it (Such as a extra video cable, or specific size tv.)

But we kind of went off topic with Nintendont (I'm assuming becuase of confusion with the main question.)

My question was later on awnsered with the question in mind. But a little off topic since this has nothing to do with Wii Hacking.
Ah ok, cool. Thanks.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play GameCube games from disc without any additional hardware or software, other than a GameCube controller and memory card. Just put the disc in and load it normally through the Disc Channel.

Nintendont, of course, adds other functionality, like HDD/SD loading, faster performance (since it runs in Wii mode), and support for additional types of controllers, including Wii U Pro Controller, Classic Controller, and USB HID controllers.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Nintendont also has memory card emulation, which gives you virtually "unlimited" save storage.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +memcard emu

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks,

I was wondering how do you set your Wii up properly to play GameCube games. Now of course I have no games I can play on the Wii. So I wanted to set it up first before getting set up.

Now I know how to set it up properly where you are able to lay the Wii down horizontally, where it has a secret component. Which has the following,

- GameCube Ports,

Of course I can't do that right now. Due to it having to be rewired a lot, and having to move a lot of things around before getting it in a horizontal position, and I'm talking about moving a complete Table out of the way to do this (like a desk.)

So I been looking around sites, and found that a 256 MB or "block", GameCube Save Data Card would be perfect to load up game titles. The question is however, could I only use cards for separate games at once, or would it allow you to play save games on the card no matter what. Even if there are multiple games present inside the card.

The next step for me is figuring out if I will need any alternative cables needed for GameCube Games to produce pixels on the screen.

Also would I need a certain TV Format to play GameCube Games, certain Width, Height, etc...
You don't need anything except a memory card, (which is optional if you don't like saving or use nintendont for saves) a gamecube controller, and a game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's like when someone says "how do I do this WITHOUT EMULATION" people on gbatemp have a brain fart lmao
What do you mean by (no emulation)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night