Gaming How do you organize your roms?

sueil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda curious about how everyone does. I seperate them by region, keep them zipped and numbered. Games I have played go into the played folder with a sub folder for each game, inside is the rom and sav file. How do you do it?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda curious about how everyone does. I seperate them by region, keep them zipped and numbered. Games I have played go into the played folder with a sub folder for each game, inside is the rom and sav file. How do you do it?

I delete most of the ones I download, though I do keep a small library of DS roms on my desktop comp (only 10 gb worth). Just sort them by name.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Rominator with a custom renaming filter: XXXX - Game Name (Region)(Release Group)
tongue.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
NDScrc

Zip file backups:
#### - Name (Region)(Release Group).zip
Eg. 1964 - Advance Wars - Days of Ruin (U)(iND).zip

NDS file (in the zip and on SD card):
Name (####-Region).nds
Eg. Advance Wars - Days of Ruin (1964-U).nds

This way they are sorted alphabetically on my R4, but by release number on my computer. NDScrc renames them this automatically for me.
All kept in one folder. Don't see any need to split it up into sub-folders since I don't have hundreds of them.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not keep them numbered, it makes the file name dirty T^T
I have separate folders:

i kept mine numbered just because i have a supercard ds one, and when it makes a save file, say you have megaman battle network 5, and megaman starforce dragon, the one you loaded 1st will be MEGAMA~1.sav and the second one will be MEGAMA~2.sav this makes it complicated when backing up saves after a while youll forget which is which.

D

Deleted User

I just have a "Games" section and a "Media" section...
"Games" not particularly sorted at all...
And media is just for DPGs and MP3s

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NDScrc too, with full subfolders "0200-0299", "0300-0399" etc.
Too bad, I didn't found a dat with FULL roms+hardware released.

Roms are ok, named as on GBAtemp (xxxx - name (multi)(Region)(group).nds), but there is not the full xxxx releases from here, so I keep them on separated folders.

I tried NDScrc in GBA mode too, but there are a lot of different dat available, and none like GBAtemp release list and numbering. So I stick with Romcenter and Pocketheaven dat for GBA.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Renaming is evil!

With GBC I sorted releases into folders renamed after Subports release list (till Ego_UK quit, everything after that is unnumbered). With GBA and NDS I used to put the files into subfolders by month ( e.g. 0311 for november 2003, 0312 for december 2003, 0401 for january 2004... you get the idea
wink.gif
), but otherwise don't touch the original folders or zips/rars. Well, actually I only did that until ~2006... then I got lazy and just dumped everything into one big (20 GBytes now) folder.

I just don't collect Handheld ROMs as religiously as I used to anymore.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins