How do you organize your games on the homescreen?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Vipera, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    This post has been removed due to the staff's corruption to money and other people.

Last edited by Vipera, Aug 13, 2017
  2. iAqua

iAqua

Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    i have like 200 titles, all completely random.

Nosrama likes this.
  3. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    I order them from Games I always play > Sometimes Play > then go from series to series (Mario then Pokemon then Fire Emblem)

4. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    I put the best games and the useful apps on the first screen, then the rest of the 3ds games, and last I organize my 3d classics, dsi, nes, gb, gba games on separate folders. also, I put the system apps I don't use and can't delete on a folder far away from the other apps.

Last edited by lordkaos, Jul 28, 2017
  5. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    Franchises or similar games always go in the same place and in chronological order. Same goes for similar homebrew, but I generally keep homebrew stuff separate from games.

6. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    I let them scramble around. Nothing is sorted.

7. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    Simple

8. Spencerxjohnson

Spencerxjohnson Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    Youre the weakest race.

9. RyanAnayaMc

RyanAnayaMc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    I got a bunch of different folders. A 3DS folder for 3DS games, Homebrew folder, and a folder for each different type of VC game I have (NES, SNES, GBA, etc). Within the games folders, I have some custom badges from 3dsthem.es for each series (Mario, Fire Emblem, etc). Basically my OCD won't let me have stuff scrambled around lol

10. mrjc1238

mrjc1238 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2017
    United States
    I just keep the games I play closer to the left and then put other things in folders based on series or if they're VC

11. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    a folder for dsiware
    a folder for homebrew apps
    a folder for custom videos
    a folder for injected virtual console
    and a folder for regular games

12. JustANoob;)

JustANoob;) Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    Computer
    Hahaha, here, have my very specific and obsessive organization style.

I have twelve folders in three rows, with a few spaces.
    C G G G G
    R H _ T D
    X S A _ g

HNI_0031.JPG

All folders except the last one are formatted at two rows of icons, so each folder can have ten visible apps at once.
    No folder has more than ten applications inside.
    All of the folders have a SMW badge somehow attempting to symbolize what's inside.

What all folders are:
    _: Not a folder. Empty.
    C: There's the game cart slot. It's not a folder.

G: I have four folders for games, sorted by complexity (so if I want to play some really difficult or complicated game I just go to that folder, same for simple games).
    R: I have a folder for game hacks/hack tool (game specific save modifiers, and CTGP-7).
    H: I have a folder for homebrew games. It's empty because I keep forgetting to install some.
    T: I have a folder for TWLoader and the TWLSaveTool, once forwarders are working I wish to fill it with those.
    D: I have a folder for DSiware games. These used to be in the games folders but I ran out of space.

X: I have a folder for all of my CFW management and stuff (FBI, HBL, NTR CFW, JKSM, Luma Updater, Themely)
    S: This folder contains the system titles, e-Shop, camera, etc.
    A: Applications that I've downloaded from the eShop. Pokémon bank, calculator, Colors 3D and some other random stuff I forgot.

g: This just contains Face Raiders and H&S. I don't use this folder really, but it makes the menu look more even.

Vipera likes this.
  13. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    I'm not weak. I just don't a fuck about virtual organisation :D

14. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    I have 4 folders- homebrew, junk, virtual console, and 3ds. 3ds is organized by frequency of use. So is homebrew. Virtual Console and junk are random.

15. LeoIeiri

LeoIeiri GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2017
    Tokyo
    Diferent folders:
    3DS (3ds games lol)
    Nes
    Super Nes
    Emulators
    Eshop
    Hacks

CatmanFan likes this.
  16. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    They mostly stay in installation order

VinsCool likes this.
  17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    A folder for apps (most of the built in apps and homebrew like JKSM, FBI, Themely, FreeShop, the home menu version of MicroSD Management, and everything else that isn't exactly a game but isn't important enough to be on the home screen, this is basically a "Misc" folder)
    A folder for DSiWare (never use them though)
    A folder for eShop games, the ones I own legitly.
    A folder for GBA and a folder for NES
    A folder for demos
    And I think that's pretty much it. Some of the system apps like system settings, download play, eShop, StreetPass Mii Plaza are on the home screen.
    I try to fit all of the folders and apps on the first screen (zoomed out to 3 rows)
    I have almost all my games on the GW cart but the two I have installed through FreeShop are on the home screen.

It's similar to how I organize stuff on my phone. I have System, Utilities, Media, Games, Emulators and so on. I have a lot more stuff on there so it necessitates separate folders for System, Utilities and Media rather than just having it all in Apps.

Here's a screenshot (I need to get better icons, they're kind of confusing)
    In order from top to bottom, left to right, the folders are DSiWare, Apps, eShop Games, GBA, NES, Demos.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jul 28, 2017
    Vipera likes this.
  18. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    I have 5 games on my homescreen sorted as a plus sign and in every corner of that plus sign is homebrew I frequently use. Rest of the games are tossed into folders with "In line" containing games I'm gonna chose from next when I beat one of the five games or get so bored with one of them that I'll probably won't play it again.

19. gamerboy1995

gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    I have a folder for homebrew, a folder for junk like eShop, and two folders for games that are sorted in alphabetical order by series then by release date (Mario comes before Pokemon, for example, and then Pokemon Moon comes before Pokemon X). Then there's like 2 or 3 games that aren't in any folders, because those are the ones I'm currently playing. That way I can just open the 3DS and find the game I've been playing for the last few weeks, but I can also easily find anything I'm looking for when I get in the mood to play something else.

20. Seliph

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    I've got 3 folders, Games, Apps, and Homebrew. Games are (of course) for all of my games. Games are seperated by franchise and console so it goes 3DS games first organized into their franchises, then GBA games organized into their franchises, SNES games organized into their franchises and then NES games organized into their franchises.
    Apps is for all of the non game things that aren't homebrew, it isn't organized in any particular order. Homebrew is for all of the homebrew that I have and it isn't organized in any particular order either.