Hacking How do you make WiiTDB.zip work with USB Loader GX?

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

As topic; I've tried every way to make this information show when pressing the "2" button. I only get a blank screen there; for every game.

I'm currently running the latest release (updated yesterday). I've tried "Update All", which is the way that seems have to be done, but it still doesn't show the info. I've deleted everything in the card except the .dol; nada. I've tried redownloading all the covers (to see if that info would download with them): no. Also manually downloaded from my PC and copied the WiiTDB.zip file to the right path in the SD card and... NOTHING SHOWS!

Oh my god... does somebody have this working? It's not explained ANYWHERE (I've read FAQs, threads, EVERYTHING) how EXACTLY is this supposed to work!

Please, shed some light on this to me! Thanks in advance.

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they are the same digits and also in the right path. As I've said, I even started new with the .dol only, so it would recreate the default paths and have them configured accordingly. Even there, it didn't work.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even though I´m using usbloadergx as well, I don´t know what the tdb is (something data base I guess).

But if it´s a zip file, shouldn´t first be unpacked before putting it in it´s correct folder?

GreyDeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/changelog

476:

Added support to read game information from xml. The first draft of the xml isin the downloads section of googlecode. Put the file (still zipped) in yourtitles.txt path. then highlite a game and press 2 to view stuff about the game.If a synopsis exists for that game in the file, you can see it by pressing a.Currently only 1 game has a synopsis.There are lots of fields that are wrong/missing on the xml but don't tell usabout it. Somebody else (Lustar) will be in charge of keeping up with it.

Hope you are trying a game that actually has a synopsis.

I'll try this out in a bit.

Update: Worked fine for me just putting the zip file in sd:/config/

Thanks for pointing out a feature that I didn't even know existed!

Grey

DoornicK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It seems to be working only with the channel version of the loader. The forwarder version doens't work (unless there is another way to make it work, which i don't know).

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DoornicK said:
It seems to be working only with the channel version of the loader. The forwarder version doens't work (unless there is another way to make it work, which i don't know).

I'm using the forwarder and my wiitdb.zip works fine.

Dan_Aykroyd, have you tried pressing '2' on the game, when the blank screen shows up, press '1', it will create a custom URL for your wiitdb.zip in apps/usbloader_gx (something like wiitdb_url.txt). Open the text file on your PC, download the zip from the link in there, then put your wiitdb.zip into your config folder.

The full wiitdb.zip won't work, as in rev 638 there was a check added to prevent the full wiitdb.zip from being loaded.
Btw, according to a post by Logan, wiitdb.zip is no longer generated by the loader, so 'Update All' won't download wiitdb.zip for you.

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've tried generating the URL but I didn't manually downloaded the file. Was it supposed to be updated FROM the loader itself? That's even what the WiiTDB main page says "The best way to obtain the database file is to download it from a program that supports it."

It'd be a real PAIN to manually download the file every time the WBFS drive has a change!

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
i got this going yesterday using rev655

hover over a game, press 2, then press 1 and it should say that its created a text file in your apps\usbloader_gx folder

open this folder up on your pc, then open the file, and there will be a massive url in there.

copy and paste into a browser, and it will give you a .zip file to download

download this file, copy into the config folder on your sd\usb

finally, there is an option in gui settings (i think!) in usbloader gx, that says read titles from xml or something like that, turn that on, and you should be set! at least thats what worked for me.

btw, this should probably be in backup loaders, not really hacking related...

[edit]

i had to do it manually, as i have some strange wifi problems. games work online, can download covers/disk images online, homebrew browser works fine (and updates), games work online, mplayer ce works online and via smb

things that dont work are cios installers via network (both waninkoko's and hermes) and usb loader wont update online. nfi whats causing the problem either.

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dan_Aykroyd said:
Yes, I've tried generating the URL but I didn't manually downloaded the file. Was it supposed to be updated FROM the loader itself? That's even what the WiiTDB main page says "The best way to obtain the database file is to download it from a program that supports it."

It'd be a real PAIN to manually download the file every time the WBFS drive has a change!

I thought the loader downloaded it aswell when you 'Update All', but according to this post it doesn't anymore, you'll have to manually download it using the custom URL generated by the loader and move it to the SD card manually.

EDIT: You shouldn't need to enable 'titles from xml' to get it working. I don't, and it works fine. If you follow 0M39A's instructions you should be fine :).

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GreyDeath said:
Minties said:
The full wiitdb.zip won't work, as in rev 368 there was a check added to prevent the full wiitdb.zip from being loaded.

Are you certain of this because all I did was download the entire wiitdb.zip from http://wiitdb.com/Main/HomePage then put it in sd:/config/

Works fine for me.

I'm on GX rev602M via a foward to folder channel btw.

You're using Rev602, the check (preventing the full wiitdb.zip) was added in a later revision, rev 638 ;).

EDIT: Realised I said '368' in my original post, my bad. Should be '638'. I'll fix that up.

GreyDeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, makes more sense now that you said it's a typo. I'll update it now and see if I break it.

BTW, I don't see any harm in using the whole thing I mean it's only 700k. I only have 45 games but it seems to work for all of them with the exception of Tats vs Capcom NTSC-J. Gives me an error saying "You tried to load an image that is not easily divisible by 4. Way to go dipshit." Well after I stopped laughing I looked at the xml and it seems to be related to the rating type="CERO" value="B". So I changed it to rating type="ESRB" value="RP" , and now it works like all of the others.

Update: I just used the update all function from 608 to 648 and it replaced my entire wiitdb.zip file 700k with a small 22k one which only includes the data for the games I have. So I guess at some point they got this working again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: