Homebrew How do you make a Wii U homebrew forwarder channel?

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to be able to access Hid to Vpad as fast as possible (it allows you to use many different controllers instead of the gamepad and has to be run once each time you boot) I have CBHC, so I can't make shortcuts like Haxchi (I don't think?) So instead, I would like to have a forwarder directly to Hid to Vpad, but I don't know how. I know how to make vWii app forwarders but not Wii U apps.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're right that CBHC itself doesn't let you set shortcuts to hold while starting up. However, you can save a little time by pressing Home when you see the black CBHC autoboot screen and select the Homebrew Launcher directly rather than letting the Home Menu load.

Alternatively you can let the Home Menu load but skip the stage of seeing the HBL. You can have additional copies of [non-Cold-Boot] Haxchi with shortcuts - I've replaced the icon for HBL with one (well, added it and relegated my original HBL to a later page) so that if I don't hold anything, it loads HBL, but by holding different buttons I can have it go straight to HID-to-Vpad &c. [Guides e.g. http://www.wiiubru.com/guide/haxchi/ will detail how to edit the config file for this] You'll need an additional VC DS game, but as you will have started up with CBHC and will be running CFW already, it can be a non-legitimate one.

I want to be able to access Hid to Vpad as fast as possible (it allows you to use many different controllers instead of the gamepad and has to be run once each time you boot) I have CBHC, so I can't make shortcuts like Haxchi (I don't think?) So instead, I would like to have a forwarder directly to Hid to Vpad, but I don't know how. I know how to make vWii app forwarders but not Wii U apps.

Reactions: EmulateLife

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just got the non-legit ds game through Wii U Usb Helper what are the next steps?

Do I just re-run Haxchi installer? Of course I want to make sure I don't mess with my CBHC.

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, you can install regular Haxchi on that second game. Then you can edit the config to set shortcuts.

You are right that you shouldn't touch your CBHC installation - just make sure you know which DS game is which.

Ok so I just got the non-legit ds game through Wii U Usb Helper what are the next steps?

Do I just re-run Haxchi installer? Of course I want to make sure I don't mess with my CBHC.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I installed Brain Academy (non legit) and the original game that I purchased was Brain Age (legit). But when I run Haxchi installer it only shows Brain Age but not Brain Academy?

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm… not sure why that would be. You could try installing a different DS title and hope that shows up in the list (IIRC my second title was Yoshi Touch & Go). This would have the additional advantage of not beginning with 'Brain', so it's easier to distinguish them : p.

Ok I installed Brain Academy (non legit) and the original game that I purchased was Brain Age (legit). But when I run Haxchi installer it only shows Brain Age but not Brain Academy?

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I already have Touch & Go as a game I want to be able to play, but I'll try different games and see what happens.

See I have like 3 pages of ds games already but none of them showed up on the Haxchi installer only the legit game (Brain Age).

Last edited by EmulateLife,

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured out the problem I was installing the DS games to usb out of habit, didn't think about installing to Nand. Once I installed to Nand it worked!

Reactions: emcintosh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol