Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I usually just IM my buddy and tell him what to make me.
biggrin.gif
Most people here use Photoshop to create their sigs while others use Paint Shop Pro, MS Paint, GIMP, or other programs.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Find an art program, if you don't already have one, and learn how to use it and you'll be making sig's in no time... Follow the sig guideline's and try to keep it reasonable...

Or you could ask for one and someone might be kind enough to take the time to make it...

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Er, correct me if i'm wrong, byut that sig your currently wearing is taken from DeviantArt. I forgot the title of the peice, but i doubt you got permission from the artist befoire modifying his artwork. I suggest you not wear it until done so.

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
Er, correct me if i'm wrong, byut that sig your currently wearing is taken from DeviantArt. I forgot the title of the peice, but i doubt you got permission from the artist befoire modifying his artwork. I suggest you not wear it until done so.
I'm not claiming it as my own, just as many people are using images from game art that aren't theirs. And it's only a tiny part of an image.

I doubt I'm breaking any copyright rules.
smile.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not claiming it as my own, just as many people are using images from game art that aren't theirs. And it's only a tiny part of an image.

I doubt I'm breaking any copyright rules.
smile.gif
Actually, you are. Every peice of art submitted at DeviantArt is bound under copyright rules set by deviant art. So in essence, your breaking the law. PLUS, comparing someones art peice to a peice of OFFICIAL art is just plain dumb. For one, you cna use official game art for whatever you want. same goes with screenshots.(as long as they arent bound by copyright laws) And by copying a peice of it, and putting your name on it, and wearing it under your posts, you are claiming it as your own. Contact the artist for his permission, i gurantee he'll let you do it as liong as he receives the credit. Else i can clasify you as a ripper.

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
As I said, I'm not claiming it as my own, just I easily said above that it isn't mine. I don't feel that I have to tell you anything besides what I already told. If you don't get it, that's your problem. Now go play some copyright free roms.
tongue.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theres a difference. Downloading ROMS isnt illegal, using someones COPYRIGHTED artwork against their wishes IS.

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
Theres a difference. Downloading ROMS isnt illegal, using someones COPYRIGHTED artwork against their wishes IS.
It is illegal to download a rom. It is illegal to backup your original game (although there's some controversy here, as there is law conflit [i.e., we have the right to backup our material but on the other side we can't backup nintendo games]. It is illegal to play roms. (And that thing about "you may play for 24h and delete the rom" is crap. It's illegal.

No wonder GBATemp doesn't serve roms and doesn't allow rom requesting. (Although it gives some good hints and links).

I'm sure people that play roms are a more concern (in terms of $$$ or €€€) for the companies, than a part of an image of some author, use as a signature in one forum. Besides I'm not using the full image and it's neither in full size.

So, take out you hipocrisy and go bother someone else. Case closed.
cool.gif

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man...What in the hell is happening to this forum...
*looks over Overwhelming and Kyoji's little dispute*
Sigh...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back on topic..

It's best to use a pretty beefy image editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop (not free), The GIMP (free), or Paint Shop Pro (not free).

Personally, I use Adobe Photoshop for graphics work. Partially because I've been using it forever, and partially because I got it for practically nothing through work. To each their own though, you could always use the free MS Paint that's included with Windows, although, it'd be mighty tough.
smile.gif

glassCity

Trophies
Website
www.tymelyne.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been gone quite a while. I always come back to this forum because of the excellent information exchange and brotherhood.

What the hell is going on here? Ya'll need to sit back and recognize and realize what this kickass forum is all about.

Marinate on that one.

glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi I am really sorry for your loss +3