Hacking How Do You Make a Flash Card Play Like a Real DS Game?

sio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Background:
This video shows how to transfer/copy your character and catalogue from Animal Crossing: Wild World on the DS to Animal Crossing: City Folk on the Wii.

http://wii.com/jp/movies/doubutunomori-movie2/

Apparently you insert the official AC:WW cartridge into your DS then download an application from the Wii to the DS. This application then facilitates the transfer of the data.

Problem:
I sold my official AC:WW cartridge ages ago and I can't transfer my character from a flash card.

The question:
Is there a way of formatting the ROM and save data on my flash card (in a similar way they make fake carriages and sell them on ebay) that will trick the Wii application into thinking I have a real copy of AC:WW inserted and transferring the character from my flash card save data?

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
You need a flash card like the cyclo DS which can connect to the wii. while some flash cards cannot connect to the wii like the R4 DSTT M3.

Its nothing u need to edit just need a flashcard that has firmware to allow AC:WW to connect to wii

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need a flash card with Wii Connectivity, such as the CycloDS.

However, there is no guarantee that it will work with Animal Crossing, we'll have to wait and see.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deathmore said:
You need a flash card like the cyclo DS which can connect to the wii. while some flash cards cannot connect to the wii like the R4 DSTT M3.

Its nothing u need to edit just need a flashcard that has firmware to allow AC:WW to connect to wii

While I don't have a Cyclo DS I'm rather doubtful you can do what sio is asking. If you watch the video, to connect to the Wii the system sends out a signal allowing you to download an application to the DS via Download Play. After it downloads to the DS, it reads the contents of the AC:WW card and transfers that to the Wii. Problem here however is flashcards that do appear in the menu appear as themselves, not the AC:WW cart. In order to ACCESS that ROM you'd have to boot up your flashcard, go into it's menu, and select the ROM yourself which is the issue, you gotta be able to access the ROM right from boot-up.

I know in some flashcarts you can assign a default ROM as the booting ROM but unless you can change the flashcart's header to read as the game then I highly doubt you can use a backup copy of the game to connect with the Wii. But again, I don't have a Cyclo DS so I can't say it would/wouldn't work with full certainty.

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
yeh exactly what i want to do samus, i have the a g6ds real, and I also tried to set the ac:ww to boot up, it boots quite nicely to ac:ww, but when booting to nintendo's menu, sure enough it shows the g6ds game card, and not ac:ww...so that's pretty much what were after, somehow to change what the ds's main menu see's and hopefully not the flashcart....

p.s might just take mariokart wii to ebgames, get ac:ww, xfer the save from my g6ds to it, then xfer to wii, then take back ac:ww lol
wink.gif
hmmm....not a bad idea

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems that Animal Crossing DS-Wii connectivity will not work with any flash card. Case closed I guess. Just buy or borrow the damn game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...