how do you load ScummVM games?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by misticknight, Sep 28, 2006.

Sep 28, 2006
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    i've got the emulator itself running on my DS but when it loads up it says "ZIP FIle check ....Not in use!"
    and "Flash Card Reader not found!"

i'm trying to run the Sam and Max demo, does anyone know what i'm doing wrong here? I just unzipped the game into a folder and put it into my card? its what i understood you have to do after reading the guide from here http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/ but i may have understood wrong.

2. misticknight
    OP

Australia
  3. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    load the map through scummvm?

4. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    i dont know how.

5. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    I have a question about ScummVM as well...
    Okay, on the website it says run the scummVM through the patcher ( should it be direct copy or normal? software reset?) ... and then copy the games over. but do i need to somehow run those through the patcher as well(how does it save)? also, this guy's error said zip file not found...can i leave the games zipped and stick them in a folder on the card and play them like that? I'm sorry if im sounding stupid.. i've never played with scummVM or any of the lucas games. i really want to though. If someone have a link of a good how-to on ScummVM than that would be awesome to, but any help at all is appreciated...Thanks!!

btw, i have an m3, not a supercard, if it make any difference.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Zip issues are usually caused by unusual zip files (even from something like winzip), 7zip with compression level set to store has not failed me yet.
    7zip:
    http://www.7-zip.org/

@iza if you are using the GBAFS version/mode (the one that requires a zip) then you will need to run the generated file through your patcher beforehand so it will be able to save to the SRAM (and where ever, if anywhere, it wants to go after that). I would shy away from any fancy options like soft reset though.

The cart versions (that is to say the versions that write/read directly to the cart) should just be drag, drop and play. The website should have all you need to get it sorted:
    http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/