How do you install YSMenu on AK2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by heyyouguys, Jun 2, 2008.

Jun 2, 2008
  1. heyyouguys
    OP

Member heyyouguys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Having a heck of a time installing this? What is the procedure for doing so? Do yo add the files from '_AK2' folder to the 'ysmenu' folder? i get how to make the akloader.nds with the exe file. so what is next? All i get is blank screen.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm not sure why you'd want to run YSMenu considering that the Bliss menu does everything YSMenu does and then some.

But if you really want to run YSMenu:[*]Download the latest version of YSMenu. Unzip the archive to your hard drive on your PC.[*]Create a folder on your microSD card named "YSMenu".[*]Place a copy of the official (not Bliss) "akmenu4.nds" into the folder you unzipped on your PC hard drive. Run "akextract.exe" to create a new file named "akloader.nds". Place a copy of "akloader.nds" into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.[*]Place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" on the root of your microSD card.[*]If you want to keep the official or Bliss menu as the default menu (recommended), skip to the next step. If you want YSMenu to be the default menu, rename the old "akmenu4.nds" that is on your microSD card to something like "AK2Menu.nds" and rename "YSMenu.nds" on your microSD card to "akmenu4.nds".[*]Place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.[*]Edit the "YSMenu.ini" file that is on your PC. Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN". Remove the semi-colon from the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". Also, edit the line that begins with "EXT_SAV" so that it says "EXT_SAV=.nds.sav". Save your changes to "YSMenu.ini" and place a copy into the "YSMenu" folder on your microSD card.You should now have YSMenu installed, and you can switch back and forth between the two menus by simply running the ".nds" file for the menu you want to go to.

-Bri

3. heyyouguys
    OP

Member heyyouguys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    these were not included when i downloaded ysmenu from yaso page. where can i find these?

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm not sure where the "official" ones are nowadays, but here's some I made a while back that look kind of like the native NDS menu: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74453

You can always modify them to suit your own needs.

-Bri

5. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    What i used to do is download R4 skins and just grab the 2 .bmp's since YSMenu is like the R4's menu.