How do you imagine the ultimate bad guy ?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Helmut, Feb 23, 2009.

Feb 23, 2009
  1. Helmut
    OP

Member Helmut GBAtemp Regular

France
    Hi fellow gbatemper !

Long time since I last posted here, but I know you guys are full of ideas and imagination (and talent for some).

I'm currently in the process of my newest project and I need you to answer that simple question :

How do you imagine the ultimate badass vilain ? (plz elaborate the description, why he's vilain etc)
    Could be human, fantasy, monster, anything you like (but don't think about oversized-super-space-blob as long as it has to be human sized, I mean, ~2m/79inch tall).

The project will not depend on your answer, I already have the full concept up & running but I need input to know how people think about that point. This will mainly influence the graphical direction and the overall look & feel of the project.

You may have guessed, it's for a game project.

Any participation is welcomed, even drawings (and even MS Paint ones).

Thx in advance for the time passed on replying to this post.

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    well personally. i have the hots for the protagonist being evil (such as deathnote) and/or the villain winning for once. the whole ur the good guy saving the world/universe is gettin quite tiresome. mix it up! and gl

3. Helmut
    OP

France
    Well, I feel like telling you that this project is intending to caricature this manichean aspect of video games. So yes, we share the same point of view and thx for your advise.

4. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    The biggest villain is always the one who's surrounded by lies made up from his own mind that convince him that he's right.

That said, probably the evilest villain in the world would be somebody that follows the purpose of evil just because he's 100% sure what he's doing is for a greater good, his or for someone else. It's probably a normal person who's got the guts to live up his own fate and make his own fortune out of something just for that said greater good... and it won't stop for anything, not even for his dead grandma.

5. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Good question. Would wanting a million dollars and sharks with laser beams be a good start?

6. LivingToDie

Banned LivingToDie Banned

Netherlands
    well it has to be a red guy with horns and claws and wings (like a devil) but still it must nog be a giant(it has to be a LITTLE bigger than a normal human)

also you need to feel his ultimate energy...
    and it must exist out of a lost soul that has lost his ways and then got infected by a dark power or something
    so it should have like human things in his face where you would reconize the lost soul a LITTLE BIT

Also it must show that it will have NO MERCY and will not give in ...it must give you the tought that all hope is lost no matter what heroes exist

well thats just my imagination...

7. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    He deceives people and makes them believe he is good. He backstabs everyone. He rapes kids. He convinces them not to tell. That's a bad guy

8. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    as for me, i don care how that person looks, but preferably it should be a young kid, i mean how many games have u seen that has an adult or older dude as a villain and he must do whatever it takes, be it killing an entire village just to get some land, to seducing a woman just for the heck of it, a bit like evil buu, one who takes joy in the pain of others and don care about the consequence, and also make him really strong, evil dude should always be like a mini hulk. [​IMG] and the rest are like what the others have typed, a despicable guy who just one look and u feel like killing that son. of a monkey >:(

9. MuppetInvasion

Banned MuppetInvasion Banned

Australia
    A mastermind thief, Who never ever ever gets seen/heard. Ever. [​IMG]

No killing or pillaging, Just an old looking millionaire who's classy and frequently makes public apperances like charity balls and stuff, but when lights go out...

10. miruki

Member miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Evil Buu was an awesome villain..

11. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Most definitely.

12. Inferior_Design

Member Inferior_Design GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gonna go with the obvious bandwagon answer here...
    [​IMG]

The Joker from Dark Knight is my idea of a perfect villain because he brought chaos to everything he touched.
    He didn't need super powers because his unpredictability, irreverence, and indifference made people scared of him.

Plus he's INSANE!

13. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Interesting question.

Size, shape and appearance is not much of a problem but to my mind someone that possesses a true understanding of the mind/thought process of the "hero" and abuses such a thing would be the ultimate villain. In fact it need not be an individual but it can be a group of many persons.

Possible spoilers for Afro Samurai
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Maybe this is why I hate adverts so much.

With regards to respect for life, society, values and the like I am a great fan of anti-heroes and most anti-heroes do not exactly possess large quantities of respect for such things.

Finally polarised good and evil does not do much for me, ambiguity in such things (see the likes of Dune) is far more unsettling.

14. AtomicBlue

Member AtomicBlue GBAtemp Regular

United States
    IDk... Satan?
    [​IMG]
    That guy gives me the creeps..

15. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    [​IMG]

Dahlia Hawthorne

Super cute and sweet on the outside and the outfit is very romantic, but Dahlia is evil on the inside. She'll even kill the ones she loves dearly by any means necessary. Oh yeah killing her doesn't help it's just as hazardous to society as she could enter an innocent body controlling your body and making you do terrible things usually murder. She can get a grip on any man due to her beauty and feminine charm then dispatch them quickly and efficiently so she's a manslayer without the use any special powers or uber weapons.

16. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    I like the Joker as the bad guy, Whether it be the Dark Knight" Joker, or the comic book Joker. They both are average humans who are brilliant, insane, Evil.

17. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    ya, she reeks of pure evil, after clearing her case, i finally understand what phoneix wright when he say he couldn't get the taste of evil off of him, i felt so sick after that case, that i had to have a nice rest to recover [​IMG]

18. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Deadbeat Dad. Perverted ped0phile. And Ultra-religious latent homosexual self-hater. They're the new Legion of Doom.

19. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The Joker in Dark Knight.

The butler does a good job at describing these people:

20. Helmut
    OP

France
    Thank you guys for your participation [​IMG]. Some idea are fun ^^ and some are definitly to consider. Thing is you pretty much all going for a human (or almost), interesting fact.