How do you guys prefer to game (consoles)?

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I've been thinking about buying this monitor since I've been at my computer desk more often (pc gaming is so addictive). I noticed that I could connect my 360 onto that monitor, which would mean I would be gaming all the time at my computer desk... However I am not too sure I want to do that.

How do you guys play your consoles? On your TV with a reasonable distance, Or up close on a computer monitor? What do you guys recommend?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd really like to be able to hook my 360 up to my monitor...I have a thing to let me use a mouse and keyboard for certain games, like FPS. Kinda sucks without a desk to play at though.

Right now all my consoles are hooked to a niiice large TV (forgot size), but I never use them because it's less convenient than just playing things on my PC.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmmm though question, I guess for anything PC related, including emulation, nothing beats a desk IMHO with a secondary screen, just relaxing with your 360-controller.

For FIFA though (and other games that are so much fun in multiplayer), a couch + TV is all you need.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Big-ass CRT TV and a reasonable distance work well for me. Yeah, I know - I'm a CRT purist. I'll have to buy an LCD TV at some point, but as long as the consoles are compatible with this bad boy, I'm not switching.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I use a 42" LCD for My 360, PS3 and Wii and a much smaller CRT (I think 14") for all my older consoles. I very rarely use a PC to game besides minecraft. Although I think next gen I'll just use a desktop and a WiiU.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a TV guy myself. Monitors can definitely be crisp and beautiful, but some games just need the space a television can provide.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say I prefer a controller, console, and TV. I could play PC games and wouldn't be opposed to it but I prefer being able to sit back in front of the TV and have things "simplified". Just having a controller and some buttons instead of needing to memorize an entire keyboard full of hot keys.

Like even if I did get a good computer for gaming I'd probably nab the "inferior" versions of some games (like Skyrim, Fallout, etc) for the Xbox 360 since I just like the set up.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Small phat TV is all I need for console :) I just wish the text was bigger D:
I have to agree with this. I have a very old CRT TV, but many new games just assume you have a giant HD television and use some sort of nearly unreadable font. Wii games usually don't do this because it doesn't support HD in the first place, but it's a problem with many PS3 games. If you want a Wii example, though: Monster Hunter 3 is pretty much unplayable because of the font.

Ontopic: TV > monitor unless you want/need to game with mouse and keyboard.

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I would say I prefer a controller, console, and TV. I could play PC games and wouldn't be opposed to it but I prefer being able to sit back in front of the TV and have things "simplified". Just having a controller and some buttons instead of needing to memorize an entire keyboard full of hot keys.

Like even if I did get a good computer for gaming I'd probably nab the "inferior" versions of some games (like Skyrim, Fallout, etc) for the Xbox 360 since I just like the set up.
Haha, you know I did that with Skyrim. I started playing it originally for the PC and found myself hooked. At the end of my session I said "Fuck it, I need achievements for this game" and ordered the 360 version asap. I find the PC very good for playing FPS games. TF2 is so much fun. :)

D

Deleted_171835

PC.

The problem is easily rectified by hooking up an HDMI cable from your graphics card to your TV and using a wireless 360 controller. And it will be at native res, not upscaled sub-HD.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC.

The problem is easily rectified by hooking up an HDMI cable from your graphics card to your TV and using a wireless 360 controller. And it will be at native res, not upscaled sub-HD.

I didn't think every game has controller support.

Although you can just get a wireless mouse/keyboard and get a dinner tray or some other flat surface to put it on. That'll probably be my plan if I ever get a nice desktop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.