Hardware How do you guys feel about the Switch?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Screen hasn't been an issue for me yet although I have ordered the tempered glass protector from orzly just in case, if you are going to play it mostly docked I suggest you get a pro controller. Strap yourself in and prepare for the Nintendo Joygasm™.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Screen hasn't been an issue for me yet although I have ordered the tempered glass protector from orzly just in case, if you are going to play it mostly docked I suggest you get a pro controller. Strap yourself in and prepare for the Nintendo Joygasm™.
I'm probably going to get the same tempered glass screen protector as you are. I hope it works well

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The switch has already replaced my 3DS so far because of Zelda. Hopefully something else comes out that I can enjoy before I finish botw. I love my 3DS but the Switch is the new hotness and I just can't put it down.

Reactions: Xzi and Seliph

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine a few days ago and it should be coming soon. For those of you that have it, what do you think? Are there any major bugs that have shown up for you? I've heard that the screen can get scratched by the dock, has this been a problem?
The screen is plastic and I got a small scratch from the dock on day one. Decided to avoid the dock until my glass screen protector came the next day. Other than that I've been happy. The joycon being used sideways is surprisingly comfortable to use, and i have hands on the larger side. Had a joycon disconnect issue only once while playing fast rmx.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

I already saw that video which is why I made the thread. I just wanted to hear the problems directly from someone. Regardless, issues with software (which appear to be the most prevalent) shouldn't be a problem with a few updates. It's only the stuff with the dock and screen I'm really worried about.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already saw that video which is why I made the thread. I just wanted to hear the problems directly from someone. Regardless, issues with software (which appear to be the most prevalent) shouldn't be a problem with a few updates. It's only the stuff with the dock and screen I'm really worried about.
From what I can tell a lot of those problems may be hardware, specifically the gpu in the unit if I am correct. Though I'm unsure if a documented number of working vs defective consoles exist which I would like to know what the ratio is.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO,
Its a great system.
I always put screen protectors on my stuff. Also the switch screen is plastic and the dock is plastic so duh its going to get scratched. if there is any rubbing
A glass screen protector will solved that. And you might say why didnt nintendo go with a glass screen in the first place. Well it keeps cost down and the plastic screen will flex vs crack like a glass one. This is a wise choice for handheld mode.

Now back to what i was saying.
The system is great. UI is very fast and smooth. Zelda is a great game, the best one to date.
There arent to many games out right now but we know that. There will be some more coming soon and the line up will grow.

The controller feels nice and its great to have 2in1.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't believe this video. I have read other forums and they don't have issues like this one. It could be fake or again.. he might ave abused it and fake blame at Nintendo. HATE YOUTUBE.. most weird people out there in youtube. Thats why I use youtube for video game map or exercise advice or something like that.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bomberman is the shit :) i think i played that game for 12 hours lol its a fun game .
System is great plus all the ACCESSORIES.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really doubt these are fake videos. From day 1 we've been hearing about issues. You see tv hosts trying to play that western game and controller disconnects , and the look on the woman's face says it all.

Why would a plastic screen be a wise choice for a handheld? There are millions of phone out there with a gorilla glass and they are all fine. Add to it a decent protective case (i'm a big fan of otterbox) and it's nearly indestructible, at least for normal drops. It should just plainly be made to resist if it's a handheld. Power connector at the bottom ? Stupidest idea out there. I have not seen a switch yet, but from those videos it looks very flimsy. How about the guy who's zelda cart won't get detected , but 1,2 switch works without issues. Dead pixels are normal according to nintendo. There are over 4 millions pixels on my phone (note 5 , 2560 x 1600) and not a single one is dead compared to 921 600 pixels on a switch. I would return the console in a heartbeat even if there was just a single dead pixel on it. Not everyone gets their consoles paid by their mom and dad, people work hard for their money and nintendo ain't giving away anything, you shouldn't either. The way nintendo will handle all those defects will tell how much they care for their customers.

The only reason I would ever get a switch is the same I got a wii u , piracy.

I have to admit though, they hit a home run with Zelda. Finally a zelda that is refreshing, they should of done that ages ago.

My advice to you switch owners , don't put up with nintendo's shit. If anything is not right , pixels , flimsy connectors , just return the damned thing to the retailer you got it from. You should get your money's worth, Nintendo can handle losses, it's their F**k up.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt these are fake videos. From day 1 we've been hearing about issues. You see tv hosts trying to play that western game and controller disconnects , and the look on the woman's face says it all.

Why would a plastic screen be a wise choice for a handheld? There are millions of phone out there with a gorilla glass and they are all fine. Add to it a decent protective case (i'm a big fan of otterbox) and it's nearly indestructible, at least for normal drops. It should just plainly be made to resist if it's a handheld. Power connector at the bottom ? Stupidest idea out there. I have not seen a switch yet, but from those videos it looks very flimsy. How about the guy who's zelda cart won't get detected , but 1,2 switch works without issues. Dead pixels are normal according to nintendo. There are over 4 millions pixels on my phone (note 5 , 2560 x 1600) and not a single one is dead compared to 921 600 pixels on a switch. I would return the console in a heartbeat even if there was just a single dead pixel on it. Not everyone gets their consoles paid by their mom and dad, people work hard for their money and nintendo ain't giving away anything, you shouldn't either. The way nintendo will handle all those defects will tell how much they care for their customers.

I have to admit though, they hit a home run with Zelda. Finally a zelda that is refreshing, they should of done that ages ago.

My advice to you switch owners , don't put up with nintendo's shit. If anything is not right , pixels , flimsy connectors , just return the damned thing to the retailer you got it from. You should get your money's worth, Nintendo can handle losses, it's their F**k up.

Dead Pixels are common on LCD displays. Your phone has an AMOLED display. So, already you don't know what you're talking about.. I see this a lot lately... It's rather concerning.

Also, please don't buy a Switch if all you're aiming for is piracy. This is actually an amazing console, regardless of your ill thought opinions. We don't need it dead, yet. Nintendo finally gets decent third party support. Would rather not have it wasted because of people like you.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dead Pixels are common on LCD displays. Your phone has an AMOLED display. So, already you don't know what you're talking about.. I see this a lot lately... It's rather concerning.

You think I don't know my phone is AMOLED ? Which is way clearer than LCD. A pixel is a pixel you dumb ass. No matter if its a dead AMOLED pixel or a dead LCD pixel , it is fucking unacceptable. Manufacturers have been making LCDs for decades. It was up to nintendo to reject any LCD with a dead pixel , but they didn't , instead they are feeding them to fanboys like you.

Last edited by Roamin64,

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your admit you are just a pirate. Noone gives a crap what you say.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your admit you are just a pirate. Noone gives a crap what you say.

Get you ass of out your head. This site has always been about piracy. Fucking hell , it started as a temporary list of released GBA games. If you've never once pirated a game , then I wonder what the fuck you are doing here anyways. I was around back in #gbaroms when this site was created well over 15 years ago.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all these switch fanboys with their damage control... wasn't it that hard to wait a year, a single fucking year, for games to come to get the console with them at a lower price? why the rush to get the console on day one with no games at all?

proper third party support, pfft

ffs

Last edited by DeslotlCL,
Reactions: BIFFTAZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol