How do you guys do it...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by sTo0z, Aug 10, 2006.

Aug 10, 2006

How do you guys do it... by sTo0z at 5:51 PM (1,381 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sTo0z
    OP

Member sTo0z GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys, just had a quick question for all of you...

How the heck do you guys hold and play your DS? I had the original DS release and mostly used the thumb strap thing that came with it. But mostly the system felt too big and after awhile I just couldn't play Metroid anymore!

Then the DS Lite comes out and I imported one.. I noticed it didn't come with the thumb strap (at least mine didn't) and it didn't make things any better. My thumb doesn't work well for games like Metroid, but neither does the stylus.

So I have both systems and can't seem to figure out how to even play these games. How do you guys do it? Either I can't get a good grip, control the game well, or my hands start to hurt way too fast.

[​IMG]

So what do you guys use? Thumb? Strap? Stylus? DS v1? DS Lite?

2. Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer Adventures_of_Lo Advanced Member

Finland
    I had no problem even holding the regular DS with one hand and using the stylus in the other. But then again, my hands are pretty big.

3. Hellfenix

Member Hellfenix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hold Ds with one hand and play with stylus. Thumbstrap is basically useless and made to break your DS [​IMG]

4. madri1

Member madri1 GBAtemp Regular

France
    When I play a game which needs to use stylet like metroid, i put my ds on my thig like this:
    here

Or if i don't need to use stylet, i hold my ds like this:
    here

(it's hard to take picture and shoot [​IMG])
    (doom rox [​IMG])

5. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Try sitting with you knees up, and put the DS against your knees while holding with one hand, and then using the other hand for the stylus. It's the only was I play touch screen games

6. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Yeah I always play stylus games by resting my DS on my lap. Right hand for the stylus... I hold it fairly close to the nib like a pencil. Left hand holding DS itself... for games which don't use the D-Pad e.g. Starfox, I rest my left thumb against the hinge... I just find that I get a better grip on the DS that way. Erm so yeah... ^^;

7. NeoSaSI

Newcomer NeoSaSI Member

France
    I have the same problem. Before with regular DS, I use strap for play Super Mario 64 or Metroid, now with DS Lite, it's not easy to play with the pad.