Hacking How do you get ScummVM DS running on EZ4?

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Unfortunately, v0.4 didn't work for me as well. I tried all other versions and they still get stuck at the GBA intro. I tried compiling and transfering it using a different SD reader on my other computer, didn't work. Could it be because I'm using EZ4Lite? If not, can anyone send me a compiled scummvm ds that you managed to make it load on EZ4L to so I can test it?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using version 0.4 on EZ4Lite and it works and saves. Did you exactly follow the steps?

Also the occuring GBA intro makes me think you are running it in GBA mode. If so, run it in DS mode...

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How do I run it in DS mode? You mean load it from the NDS loader, cause that's what I did and it always shows the GBA intro. Yes, I've followed the steps exactly. I don't know why it isn't working for me. I can run other homebrew stuff just fine, except for those that are said to not work in EZ4. And like I've mentioned, the core file itself would load in my EZ4L, always shows the GBA intro. Can you test it in your EZ4L? Is it maybe because of the latest EZ4 firmware v1.66? If you could PM or email me the compiled file that has worked on your EZ4L, that would be great.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CWar, check your PMs
wink.gif

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for the file. Oddly enough, your's works. So I guess it must have been the way the file was compiled. I don't know what's wrong. I.....

1. Store games in zip, no compression..... check
2. Compile games using the correct zip name and loader...... check
3. Open the *.ds.gba file in EZ4Client, enter a name, click add save patch and select SRAM. Rename the output .gba to .ds.gba and the output .sav to .ds.sav. ...... check
4. Load in EZ4 using NDS loader..... stuck in GBA intro

didn't work in all versions for some reason. It always gets stuck on the GBA intro. Is there anything that might have possibly affect the DOS command?

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Oh wow, finally got it working! But not with Sam & Max. I used another game, LOOM, and it works. Thanks for the help everyone. Now, anyone know how to make Sam & Max run? It's probably a bad file, but it works on the PC.

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The problem was just with the Sam & Max game. It works fine on the PC. I don't know why it won't work on the DS. When I used LOOM, it works.

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Has anyone gotten Sam & Max to work? I've tried using the floppy and CD-ROM versions, and it got stuck at the GBA intro.

Edit: I finally figured out what was wrong. It was the MONSTER.SOU file. I read around that the older PDA port of ScumVM also had problems with reading MONSTER.SOU. Of course because I removed that, there's no speech. If anyone could figure out how to, please do post. Thanks for the help everyone.

EDit2: Finally got Sam & Max to work with speech! In case anyone's wondering, I converted MONSTER.SOU to MONSTER.SO3 using the conversion tools on the ScummVM site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far