Hacking how do you get AKAIO to work on r4ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't, it's for the Acekard series of flashcarts. AKAIO stands for AceKard All In One. The only other firmware option for R4 users is YSMenu.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsision barely counts, and only because it was packable as firmware.

it uses ysmenu to launch games, and has no cheat function. it also doesn't auto-DLDI. i could launch my games [through ysmenu], but not homebrew. it also re-adds in the 'do something before i actually start' that flashcarts were smart enough to remove.

and it ran really slowly and didn't alphabetize my games list. barely a worthy firmware replacement. i'm hoping for updates to it because i do want to use it. it's pretty

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
You don't, it's for the Acekard series of flashcarts. AKAIO stands for AceKard All In One. The only other firmware option for R4 users is YSMenu.

However, one of the R4 "clones" (R4 Ultra?) is, in part, based on a clone of the Acekard RPG and can be made to run AKIO. It's possible that the OP heard about that.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
sweenish said:
dsision barely counts, and only because it was packable as firmware.

it uses ysmenu to launch games, and has no cheat function. it also doesn't auto-DLDI. i could launch my games [through ysmenu], but not homebrew. it also re-adds in the 'do something before i actually start' that flashcarts were smart enough to remove.

and it ran really slowly and didn't alphabetize my games list. barely a worthy firmware replacement. i'm hoping for updates to it because i do want to use it. it's pretty
Have you even tried it?

QUOTE(rommy667 @ Jun 28 2009, 10:11 PM) NO you will NEVER run it on a r4 EVER..........
Take a cookie for epic thread closer.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i just run akaio on my r4 when i was dreaming
smile.gif
*kidding*

AKAIO supports only AKRPG, AK2 and AK2i

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The team is trying to make AKAIO be a replacement firmware for any card. They are trying to DLDl patch it for it to work on any flashcart and it will be able to boot commercial roms also. The AKAIO firmware will be loaded as a homebrew. They said they don't really care about Acekard since Acekard doesn't pay them. I am not really sure but I think this was supposed to be a secret if it is then Mod please delete or edit it.

That means R4 is not DEAD. Only if they can make it a replacement OS for the R4.

EDIT: They also stated that if you want to update your AKAIO for your flashcart then you need to pay but for Acekard its free. That is just a maybe.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
The team is trying to make AKAIO be a replacement firmware for any card. They are trying to DLDl patch it for it to work on any flashcart and it will be able to boot commercial roms also. The AKAIO firmware will be loaded as a homebrew. They said they don't really care about Acekard since Acekard doesn't pay them. I am not really sure but I think this was supposed to be a secret if it is then Mod please delete or edit it.

That means R4 is not DEAD. Only if they can make it a replacement OS for the R4.

EDIT: They also stated that if you want to update your AKAIO for your flashcart then you need to pay but for Acekard its free. That is just a maybe.

When and where did you read that?

edit : Never mind, just had a PM about it.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you don't need to pay its just a maybe know one knows right now. And it won't be coming out anytime soon... They are trying to make RTS and more stuff which will take a long time. Making this for all flashcarts is most likely the last of there concern.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine it would be awfully hard to make AKAIO work on all flash cards (especially all the R4s, where every new product is a different clone).

After all, wouldn't all that compatibility with all those different cards limit what AKAIO can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol