Hacking How do you find Japanese wikis?

Verrannicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I couldn't find one that seemed a better fit and given all of the translators on the board I thought this was a decent place to ask.

I can understand enough Japanese in games to get by after playing them for years and picking up the bare basics, but for some games like RPGs the systems can be a bit complicated. I'm looking to run through some of the lesser known PSP RPGs for my youtube channel (Having already done most of the Super Robot Taisen's among others) and I've found that having the JP wiki on hand makes for a much more "complete" playthrough. Problem is, the only time I can ever find one of these wikis is when they're linked on another website like Gamefaqs.

Is there some way that I can search for these wikis? I don't really understand how to find them with search engines that only return English results.http://www.youtube.com/user/FlamingGnats?feature=mhee

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I couldn't find one that seemed a better fit and given all of the translators on the board I thought this was a decent place to ask.

I can understand enough Japanese in games to get by after playing them for years and picking up the bare basics, but for some games like RPGs the systems can be a bit complicated. I'm looking to run through some of the lesser known PSP RPGs for my youtube channel (Having already done most of the Super Robot Taisen's among others) and I've found that having the JP wiki on hand makes for a much more "complete" playthrough. Problem is, the only time I can ever find one of these wikis is when they're linked on another website like Gamefaqs.

Is there some way that I can search for these wikis? I don't really understand how to find them with search engines that only return English results.

[gamename] + 攻略 (kouryaku) on Google.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use 攻略, but "wiki" in English works too, as well as ウィキ. You can also add specific sites to your search too, like atwiki or wikinavi, those are the 2 biggest in my experience (for game-guide type stuff). You could go to those sites directly and search the game name as well, but Google would cast a wider net of course.

Verrannicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use 攻略, but "wiki" in English works too, as well as ウィキ. You can also add specific sites to your search too, like atwiki or wikinavi, those are the 2 biggest in my experience (for game-guide type stuff). You could go to those sites directly and search the game name as well, but Google would cast a wider net of course.
Hmm, see, I've tried using 'wiki' and I don't think I've ever had a Japanese site pop up as a result.

Lyctus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, see, I've tried using 'wiki' and I don't think I've ever had a Japanese site pop up as a result.

You sure the game name is in Japanese? For example typing "戦律のストラタス wiki" in google would without fail give you links to the Senritsu no Stratus Japanese wikis.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
攻略 also used in Chinese mandarin (with the same meaning). So, you might need to include jp game names to go along with it.

Verrannicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm clearly inept at this + google translate doesn't seem to like my broweser, so maybe one of you more savvy folks could help me out. I'd be glad to give you a shout out or link to your blog/channel on my youtube channel. I'm looking for guides on the following games that can be/have been run through Google translate or something similar, and any help would be appreciated:

7th Dragon 2020
7th Dragon 2020-II
Agarest Senki Marriage
Blaze Union
Coded Soul
Conception: Ore no Kodomo o Unde Kure!!
Criminal Girls
The Danball Senki series
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu: Legendary Saga
Eien no Aseria: Kono Daichi no Hate de
Fairy Tail: Portable Guild 1 + 2
Frontier Gate Boost+
Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki
God Eater
God Eater 2
God Eater Burst
Gungnir
Heroes Phantasia
Judie no Atelier: Gramnad no Renkinjutsushi - Toraware no Mamoribito
Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE: Cosmic Drive
Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE: Universe Accel
Kingdom of Paradise 2
Lost Heroes
Nayuta no Kiseki
Nendoroid Generation
Neo Angelique Special
One Piece: Romance Dawn
Princess Crown
Rezel Cross
Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari
Shin Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono.: Toki no Gakuen
Shining Blade
Shining Hearts
Tegami Bachi: Kokoro Tsumugu Mono e
Tengai Makyou
To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers

I realize it's a lot to ask for, but I'm asking anyway. And who knows, maybe there are others out there that could beenfit from us gathering together the wikis for these games too. Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who helps. =)

Verrannicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can help you with GE2 at least, I've had it in my bookmark since forever; http://www16.atwiki.jp/godeater2/

Should work fine with google translate, currently don't have time to look for anything else though, sorry.
Hey, you took the time for that one and it's more than I could have asked for. Thanks a bunch. Hopefully we get more folks in here soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate