How do you feel about things that are packaged with extravagance?

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Drink the Bleach, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Drink the Bleach
    OP

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    You spent alot of money on something, and as you'd expect, its packaged nice. Real nice. Is this really just the box for the product? Musn't have been cheap to produce. NO WAI! It comes with extra cables? adapters? A Leather carrying case? Do I need this stuff? Am I going to use it in a real-world scenario? Just how much of my money went into this pretty box?

Is packaging real important to you? Or should they have spent that extra money making the actual product all the more better instead of focusing on your opinion of how you open a box?

2. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I dunno, as long as product cum, I cum.

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I Dunno, As Long As Product Is Real, My Eyes Are Real.

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  4. Rocc0

Rocc0 Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Finland
    Extra cables and adapters is always nice, you never know when you need those, and then you will be glad you have bunch laying around. :)

As for carrying cases etc, it depends on the product I guess. It would be nice if handheld consoles and phones actually came with that stuff in the box so you wouldn't have to buy them separate, but I have bunch of small leather carrying cases that have come with headphones / earbuds, and I have never used those for anything.

5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    It's not about the packaging, but the package, man.

And I'm talking about my penis.

Ammako likes this.
  6. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Packaging is definitely important since I sell on eBay frequently.

migles likes this.
  7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    its like lingerie. its always nice if you got a very nice package to unwrap it..

other way why do lingerie sells that much? its because people like to see a good wrapped package... and sometimes the wrap even lets you watch the package before using it..

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Function over form here.

That said I will not begrudge people an extra few pence if it means my floor is not covered in expanded polystyrene, I do not have to attack it with tin snips, my hands only get sliced to ribbons on the new device I am inevitably going to take apart and not the packaging and if it could still double up as a storage container.