How do you feel about the current state of video gaming?

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,

the video game industry has undergone alot of changes in the past decades. From simple arcade experiences to full cinematic hollywood style experiences.

How do you feel about the current state of video gaming? Are you happy with the direction things are going? What would you suggest for the future of video gaming, and how hopeful are you about your perspective manifesting in reality?

Take care!

thenextgui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the dependence on digital media as we have seen time and time again stores or servers get closed like the Wii, PSP, 3DS, Wii U, DSi, Original Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, etc making content for each system potentially unobtainable.

Reactions: Creamu

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you feel about the current state of video gaming? Are you happy with the direction things are going? What would you suggest for the future of video gaming, and how hopeful are you about your perspective manifesting in reality?
No. I recommend that video game developing is returned to people that ACTUALLY enjoy games, not corporate managers who can't even get inclusive policy documents written without grammar mistakes, or criminals like that Activision imbecile.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
No. I recommend that video game developing is returned to people that ACTUALLY enjoy games, not corporate managers who can't even get inclusive policy documents written without grammar mistakes, or criminals like that Activision imbecile.
Harsh but true words.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I miss the sheer quality of the great games of the past delivered on disks. They were polished to such a high degree, it felt more like something whole, done, in many cases like art, like masterpieces.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I miss the sheer quality of the great games of the past delivered on disks. They were polished to such a high degree, it felt more like something whole, done, in many cases like art, like masterpieces.
I too do believe that these days the artistry is lacking across all mediums. When did things go wrong in your view?

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Manuals mate, do you remember manuals! Think of how good the Homeworld manual was, a piece of literature!

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find an endless supply of games I enjoy playing, made by people who love the craft.

Non-indie games on the other hand, most don't interest me, and the trend for releasing unfinished messes and maybe eventually fixing some of the worst bugs if you're lucky is just a fucking embarrassment to the industry. I do find the occasional game I really enjoy here too tho, preferably not the bug-riddled ones.

Nikolka

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It seems that they have invaded our world .. literally every acquaintance of mine spends a lot of time every day on a video game. I also tried to play this, but I do not have any passion for video games ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all