How do you feel about Tears of the Kingdom so far?

toolazytosearchitmyself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I like the dark theme with Majora's Mask vibes but on the other hand I don't like seeing areas from Breath of the Wild appearing in the trailer. I already spent over 100 hours playing Breath of the Wild and revisiting old areas would feel boring.

Reactions: AirPain

AirPain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I like the dark theme with Majora's Mask vibes but on the other hand I don't like seeing areas from Breath of the Wild appearing in the trailer. I already spent over 100 hours playing Breath of the Wild and revisiting old areas would feel boring.
have the same feelings,.. seeing the last gameplay trailer, hmmm seems almost like the same, only with flying isles
i will play it, def. but maybe not as long as BoTW

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it'll be good, I wonder if you have to re-explore the ground again, those locations have to be different or like everyone said, revisiting would be boring, true! Can't wait to try making different types of stuff with the new abilities link has!
But I expect some twists, no Zelda game is the same as the previous one, I am hyped as you can see by my Signature!
This game is the reason I even got atmosphere, i'll also be playing mario odyssey also though and other games too!

nubman33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude, its a breath of the wild game set in the same area. are link and zelda just supposed to travel to a new place without us knowing why?

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It'll be one of my last switch games put it that way.. nothing else has interested me since finishing xenoblade chronicles 3 so its gathered alot of dust at the moment 😆

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It'll be one of my last switch games put it that way.. nothing else has interested me since finishing xenoblade chronicles 3 so its gathered alot of dust at the moment 😆

I see, mine gathered a lot of dust after 2019, all I played was BOTW tbh, had so many hours on it!
Hope TOTK lives up to the hype!

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im looking forward to it, but its safe to say itll be re-released within the year (assuming the rumors about the new console are true) and itll be a much better experience on the new console.

Gilgamashu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Id like to believe that there are more content in there not shown to us. . . Maybe a new underground or under water area?. I don't know. I just hope there's more new areas than just the old botw map but with new flying isle.

Regardless of that, I pre ordered it. . . Here's to hoping it would live up to the hype.

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll be emulating it, as much as I want to trust that they optimized it to work on Switch hardware I doubt it can get even close to the performance Ryujinx will give. Game-wise it's not something I'm insanely hyped about but I enjoyed BotW so it's worth trying.

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hummm seems like there are hype prankers on twitter.
20230424_221725.jpg

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be emulating it, as much as I want to trust that they optimized it to work on Switch hardware I doubt it can get even close to the performance Ryujinx will give. Game-wise it's not something I'm insanely hyped about but I enjoyed BotW so it's worth trying.

Emulation

Nice, enjoy! Speaking of emulation I am buying a ton of controllers for my emulation needs such as Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda twilight princess! Currently getting:

NES USB Controller - 8bitDo N30 (In style of NES)
SNES USB Controller - 8BitDo SN30 Pro + (In style of SNES)
Genesis USB Controller - 8BitDo M30 (In style of Genesis)
8Bitdo Wireless USB Adapter (Brown)
Playstation 5 Controller
Gamecube Controller Adapater (Mayflash)
A New Gamecube Controller

Anyone know where I can find the 8bitdo N30 NES controller? Seems to be sold out everywhere, always wanted to use an NES like controller for FCEUX!

Zelda: TOTK

Anyway back to Tears of the kingdom, saw a new advertisement for it today, looks amazing! This game is going to do well!
Going back to the old style of zelda will feel so weird with the new game coming out! I think this will be one of the best zelda's though for sure! Can't wait to make new stuff to travel around hyrule with!

Last edited by Tails54321,

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Based on breath of the wild, I am sure it will be a blast to play. Can´t say if it will be better or worse, but I think it will be great, nonetheless.

What I feel angry about, are the scalpers, the resellers. Man, the special edition items just lasted about a minute online. Since many years, the special edition things go flying, but lately, man, it really is annoyin to see how HUNGRY they are and how difficult it is for a normal person to get ahold of such items. That is the really sad topic here.

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Controllers

Just saw the "Mobapad Elite Switch Controller", gonna get that too for my switch games, HD rumble is so important and i dont have a controller with that other than the joycons!

Based on breath of the wild, I am sure it will be a blast to play. Can´t say if it will be better or worse, but I think it will be great, nonetheless.

What I feel angry about, are the scalpers, the resellers. Man, the special edition items just lasted about a minute online. Since many years, the special edition things go flying, but lately, man, it really is annoyin to see how HUNGRY they are and how difficult it is for a normal person to get ahold of such items. That is the really sad topic here.

Yeh, its annoying how special editions become unavailable fast! I hate that also, scalpers ruin everyones fun!

Reactions: nWo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi