How do you feel about Resident Evil Revelations

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by RodrigoDavy, Apr 27, 2013.

1. RodrigoDavy
    OP

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    I've been wanting to buy RE Revelations for quite a long time. I was hyped about people saying it was the best RE game since RE4 and about its incredible graphics. I've been a great fan of the series having played many times the first 3 PS1 classics and also enjoying RE4.

When I did buy the game, I was let down with the graphics... Sure they look more realistic than most 3ds game but they are kind of ugly. It's like you drew a relistic picture of shit, no matter how much realistic your picture turns out it's still shit and you don't like how it looks. But I soon forgot about the visual itself and got to actually playing it.

The gameplay is nice and it works how it should. I personally chose using gyro controls for aiming so I can walk while I aim. I also like the dark atmosphere that the last few RE games were lacking. But for some reason the game doesn't draw my attention so much that I really want to finish it. I mainly just play it when I have nothing else to play, and even NSMB2 that disappointed me didn't have that flaw.

My point is am I being too harsh with the game? What do you think about it?

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Dude, Jill's ass in 3D.

xwatchmanx, soulx, Yoshinecra and 4 others like this.
  3. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    You were let down by the graphics? Yeah, you're being a tad bit harsh there..

Yoshinecra likes this.
  4. RodrigoDavy
    OP

Brazil
    Not the graphics in technical terms. It's just that the game is too monochrome just like many "hardcore games nowadays". In fact, one of the best looking parts of the game is when the reporter walks at the beach talking and you can see the sand, the sky and the sea. I remember Resident Evil have always had unique and good looking environments, each hall, room and corridor were different and you can tell just by looking each part of the map you are. In this game, they have some unique rooms and locations but for the rest it's pretty much generic.

5. MAXLEMPIRA

Member MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Mexico
    well.. I think that a game is a game. ok, the grafics are a good plus for the games, but don't determine if a game is good or not, first of all, the gameplay, this is so much important to decide if the game is good, but not at all, there's a second point, must of the games, not fight, racing, etc, when you finish the story line, is the end of the game, well, I think that is another important thing, RE:R have the Inferno mode, which is really much more dificult than the normal mode, and an Online game, so... not so much important, the story in which is involved the game, it makes you get more excited playing it, that is what I think, RE:R is one of the best games fo the N3DS, the port to the Home Consoles say it. maybe the game don't have what you expected in it, and that's why you feel that with it... for me, an instand buy xP try playing it more!! :P

weavile001 and RodrigoDavy like this.
  6. weavile001

Member weavile001 Spiritmaster

Brazil
    i really liked it, there´s a magnum in this game!!, magnums are my favorite weapon!!
    the graphics were very good , the story is a little boring at first,but it´s really awesome.
    the only thing i disliked was that there´s no ammo everywhere, i prefer RE 5 and 6 on this factor, because you can get magnum ammo from parasites and dogs.

7. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I think what he's trying to say is that he was let down by the setting (the interiors, exteriors, aesthetics - level design in general). rather than "by the graphics" - the graphics in this game are flipping amazing for 3DS standards. That being said, one should not buy a Resident Evil game when one doesn't like Resident Evil settings - I personally think that the return of cramped, claustrophobic areas is a nice wink at the first game and a welcome change in the series.

chavosaur and RodrigoDavy like this.
  8. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    I think it has to do with the location choice, with it being on a ship the rooms are quite similar but the snow levels and action packed terragrigia levels do look alot better.

9. Karaflaga Tumeeg

Newcomer Karaflaga Tumeeg Member

United Kingdom
    Well, I got over 30 hours out of it. Enough said.

10. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Can't decide if I should wait for the console version of this next month or just buy a second hand one now.

11. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Good games should be supported. So I suggest you buy the console version or a new copy of the 3DS version.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  12. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    I have like 50 hours in this game... It's so worth it <3

13. RodrigoDavy
    OP

Brazil
    Well, the 3DS version is very cheaper. I bought it for $20 new in the eshop, you might find it even cheapier if you buy it second hand, plus you've got the 3D and the portability.
    The console version will cost the same as a brand new games and the graphics are very similar, but the resolution is higher and you can use two analogs without needing a Circle Pad Pro.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  14. astrangeone

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I quite liked the game, and I'm not generally a fan of the RE series. This version had a decent story - although it's always the same - some idiot with mutagen/bio weapons starts something, ends up taking it, and attacking whatever organization is involved with it.

I ran through the storyline twice, and I find it interesting, although lacking a bit - I was trying to scan all of the palm prints.

I mostly play the RAID mode - basically an RPG version with you customizing guns, and trying to survive crazy modded bosses and attacks. And gaining weapons, perks, and other stuff.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  15. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Resident Evil 4 was like all grey.
    Resident Evil 5 was like orange and red.
    Resident Evil 6 is just black.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.