how do you extract saves from legit nds cartridges

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ajjav924, Jan 4, 2007.

1. ajjav924
    OP

Member ajjav924 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how do you extract saves from legit nds cartridges? I need to do this for castlevania por.

2. titanium

Newcomer titanium Member

I used the homebrew app REIN for DS on my Supercard MiniSD. Works great for all the original DS cart i dumped save from. I wonder if there's a way to use REIN with one slot flash cartridge like the M3 Simply and the R4?

3. ajjav924
    OP

United States
    how do you make rein work with supercard sd? I tried it and it loaded up a white screen.

4. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This is the place you need

http://nds.cmamod.com/download.html

This has lots of progs and you need one of the ETOOLS depending on the save size on the DS cart.

I recall when I did this with my mario kart DS card, i used EToolSMS 2.1 with my EZ-flash III and selected the save size in the EZflash client menu.

Then I just followed the menu on the program when run on the DS and Bingo, it creates a save file.

This may not be that easy for you, and indeed this did take a long time on my own to figure out how to get these programs working

Best of luck

PS - when you download which ever program you get, there are some mediocar instructions, check em out

Peace

5. ajjav924
    OP

United States
    thanks for the programs. is it possible to put a save from a flash cart onto a legit cartridge?