1. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes, I have Python 2.7
    12.000 .bin files now. How to open them, that I can translate the game? And is there a way to compress the files back after editing?

2. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Netherlands
    If they're anything like the .bin files in Tomodachi Life, you should be able to open them with Every File Explorer.

3. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Nope, I thought so, too. But it doesnt work.

4. NCDyson

NCDyson Hello Boys...

United States
    I think I got a BCH extractor setup. I'm testing it now to see how it works. With over 12k image files in this game, it's gonna take a few minutes. Once I'm sure that it's working okay, I'll post it. Re-encoding/repacking will be a little more fun though.

Traiver likes this.
  5. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Netherlands
    Fun or 'fun'?

6. NCDyson

NCDyson Hello Boys...

United States
    here's another python script to extract all the images out of the bch files. It's probably going to take a while to extract all 12,000+ images, but it'll do it. Good luck translating this game, it looks like a LOT of the text is in the images.

The script can be called from the command line like so:
    Code:
    py aceBCH.py -e 0.bin
    right now it only converts the bch to a .png. I haven't gotten a chance to write the code to convert .png to .bch
    Also, it currently only handles the 3 image formats that were found to be used, which are ETC1,ETC1A4, and RGB565.

ETC1/ETC1A4 decoding relies on etc1Util.exe, which is pretty much just a hacked up version of smealum's etc.exe, I'll post the source to that on github when I get around to it.
    etc1Util also only decodes at the moment.

to convert all the bch files(all but 1 of them anyways, 1427.bin doesn't actually have an image as far as I can tell), you can create a quick .bat file like so:
    Code:
    for %%x in (*.bin) do py aceBCH.py -e %%x
    Again, it'll probably take a while. I imagine that half of what slows this script down is the reliance on etc1util, however, I'm not about to try to re-write the etc1 decoding in python, and I didn't feel like writing the bch converter in c++. One of these years I'll get around to writing a python module(with matching .dll) that'll handle conversion to and from common 3ds pixel formats, if someone else doesn't beat me to it first.

Attached Files:

Traiver likes this.
  7. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You man, are awesome! If you will, I would involve you in my project, now. You are so much help for me! I can edit the images with photoshop, right?

8. mister_gamer

mister_gamer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

So how can I rebuild the pack.dat again with my edited files?

9. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

United Arab Emirates
    Sorry to bump.

etc1Util crashes, can I use smealum's one? (Or could you release the source code of yours?)

Also, have you gotten the repacking to work?

10. simonrule

simonrule Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    hello i want to translate this game the seven deadly sins unjust sin i was able to extract the cia files and now i have dat and pck files could help me please extract them here is screenshot for the files and i uploaded two files maybe will help you

.dat
    [​IMG]

.pck
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  11. HeyImAmethyst

HeyImAmethyst Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How did you extract your .dat file? I'm trying to use Dsdecmp but I don't know how to use it. The instructions aren't clear.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - extracted, extract, files