Homebrew How do you download straight to the ds?

nonnonnon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
hi . i have read that you can download things like homebrews, movies, music and so on, directly to the ds. what is the homebrew i need to do this?

sorry for bad english:P

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only one application so far has been able to donwload directly yo the DS flash cart and as such the files are already saved and an .nds file. It would be pretty much useless everywhere else as it is slow to download with and it also would be unable to de-compress files that are encrypted.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clirc v0.5 final then dscompress v1.3 for zip unpacking then u can use dsorganize to rename delete and whatnot after

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DS Linux has decent download speeds of 50-300 KBs a second and also Bunjallo is probably the best browser on the Nintendo DS at the moment that doesn't require a RAM extension. Its even better than DS Organise and it supports downloading of files and images.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Artheido said:
I do not suggest this. There's a huge chance of corrupting your memory card and at times it will go beyond just reformatting.
True. Last time I tried it the download files were corrupted and would not leave. I think they are still there.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Narin said:
DS Linux has decent download speeds of 50-300 KBs a second and also Bunjallo is probably the best browser on the Nintendo DS at the moment that doesn't require a RAM extension. Its even better than DS Organise and it supports downloading of files and images.
sounds good but how the hell i can get dslinux to work any tutorials here?

nonnonnon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
"True. Last time I tried it the download files were corrupted and would not leave. I think they are still there."

Witch program did you use?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sarvesh50 said:
Narin said:
sounds good but how the hell i can get dslinux to work any tutorials here?

The DSLinux site has a wiki that clearly outlines the process from start to finish. You'll need to have slot-2 RAM to get any real use out of it.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
some things dont work to download
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....