OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I've read of people deleting files directly from the G6 Lite using the DS. File rearrangement seems familiar, too, but that may be my imagination running wild.

If you can delete files using the DS can someone please tell me how? I only ask because I have a Mac and it puts those damn ._"your file name here" duplicate files all over it. They don't take up space or anything, it's just real annoying.

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
its possible but you'll have to wait for ds organised to support g6 lite. G6 released their fat lib for homebrew makers to work on. Meanwhile maybe you can try ds linux? I'm think the could be an option somewhere to letting you edit files

pubjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
As I understand...

Deleting (accessing) external files stored on the flashcart requires FAT access.

There are no programs (so far) that have G6 fat access.

Even if there was a (hacked-for-flashcarts) version of linux or DSOrganise that would run on the G6, they would only work with embedded files and would not allow file access.

There are 4 possibilities/hopes:

- A developer writes a program specifically for the G6 (unlikely, but you never know)
- Someone compiles a G6 version of an open-source filemanager program using the FATlib that G6 released (I'm surprised after all the begging for the fat lib, no-one has done this for ANY program yet).
- The G6 team release the source to go with their fat lib, then it can be easily added to chism's fat lib - then all homebrew could easily support G6.
- The fat lib is reverse engineered (is that the right word?) by a coder to allow addition to chism's fat lib - difficult, but then ALL homebrew could easily support G6.

Dragonminded (author of DSOrganise) has said that he won't add support unless G6 is added to chism's fat lib..
To quote his weblog:
QUOTE said:
Please note that even though the G6 team released a fat lib, I will not be adding support until they release the source for their adapter. It's not just that I don't want to have a second compile just for G6, but also I have added functions to my modified version of the fat lib that are needed for DSOrganize to run, so it is physically impossible.

Maybe someone can reverse the code and provide it as a standard interface to chishm's fat lib?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate