How do you create\test NSMBW levels with Reggie?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JoshuaEpling, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JoshuaEpling
    OP

Newcomer JoshuaEpling Advanced Member

United States
    I was wondering how would you go about getting a good start to creating levels with Reggie, maybe someone can help by point me to a good tutorial and also how would I extract existing levels from the game as my base I suppose. I tried using Reggie a couple times and said something about having extract levels I suppose from a retail copy of the disc. Also, how would I test the levels w/ Dolphin? I saw that Trekki(e), the dev of Reggie said he doesn't have a Wii and uses Dolphin for testing his levels. Also, if I were to create a level and did test it w/ Dolphin, how could I improve stability w\ Dolphin on my system? I've used it several times to play backups, for some reason or another it randomly stops working and closes out and sometimes when I open it again Dolphin opens off screen like it has been completely dragged out screen and thee cursor cannot reach it. I haven't been able to use Dolphin because of it randomly stop working and showing up nowhere on screen while it's suppose to be up and running. I have a Dell Studio XPS 7100, 6 GB ram & AMD Phenom II X6 processor, w/ ATI Raedon 5450 HD gfx card. Not sure why I posted the specs to my computer, but I figure it could help with my problems I'm having w/ Dolphin. Thanks for any help offered.

2. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Use the Reggie Dumper to get the files from the retail disc: http://rvlution.net/reggie/reggiedumper.zip
    Or you can just dump the whole ISO and point Reggie to the stages folder.

As for your issues with dolphin. I don't know, are you using the latest release? http://dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

3. JoshuaEpling
    OP

Newcomer JoshuaEpling Advanced Member

United States
    I haven't used dolphin in a few months. I'll update it. But for some reason I stability issues with it. I may have to contact the dolphin devs. Thanks for ur help.