How do you create gecko codes?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UKTone, Feb 6, 2010.

Feb 6, 2010

How do you create gecko codes? by UKTone at 3:12 AM (4,771 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. UKTone
    OP

Member UKTone GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I searched google, wiird, and here and couldn't find anything on how to make them.

So how do you make gecko codes? I want to know how for cd games and wiiware/vc games.

Edit: What is a data input loader? Also what does it have to do with creating them? Also I am talking about making them from scratch.

2. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    you will require a usb gecko
    Heres a nice little Intro Movie into getting starting with just ram writes and pointers
    http://www.bsodtv.org/node/21

Asm is alittle more complicated at first but after a awhile you'll get the hang of it

and if need any more help you can find it here, or Pm me on wiird i'm thomas83lin over there, I'm online most of the time
    http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/

3. UKTone
    OP

Member UKTone GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh, I have to buy tht, I thought it was like a usb gx loader.

I will just look for someone who has or is going to do some, I don't want to buy it just to cheat.

4. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it does a lot more than just help you with cheats, you can use it to send data to the wii through the homebrew channel, to backup your wii games to iso files from the original disc to your pc over usb and to help people debug apps.

But if you have no interest in any of those things it probably wouldn't be of much benefit considering how many people make wiird codes.