1. Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file or the stages from the Smash Service. You will need to wait at least 24 hours for the stage from the Smash Service to be automatically deleted before trying to run this exploit. DO NOT go on Wi-Fi once the Smash Service stage is deleted.
2. Connect the SD card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the SD card.
3. Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card.
4. Grab a *.elf file (HackMii Installer works) and put that in the root of the SD card.
5. Insert the SD card into the Wii.
6. Go back to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.