Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am wanting a Homebrew Channel, and the only way i can do it is Smash Stack. However, i don't want to lose my save data, but i cannot copy the Save Data onto a SD Card. Help Please?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
well, i believe the stages that u need to delete prior to using smash stack are saved in the save data, but u can just back those up to an sd card before deleting them.

"Save data" in the traditional sense is not affected, as tueidj has already pointed out

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
1. Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file or the stages from the Smash Service. You will need to wait at least 24 hours for the stage from the Smash Service to be automatically deleted before trying to run this exploit. DO NOT go on Wi-Fi once the Smash Service stage is deleted.
2. Connect the SD card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the SD card.
3. Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card.
4. Grab a *.elf file (HackMii Installer works) and put that in the root of the SD card.
5. Insert the SD card into the Wii.
6. Go back to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.

Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's that easy? Will the HBC stay on the Wii without probs? All you need is Smash Stack and ure done and you can download Homebrew? I know you need additonal files for cheats and etc.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Garchomp said:
PROBLEM: I have a custom stage that was downloaded or sent to me (IDK WHY), and i get the crash...Im pretty much screwed now aren't I?

Re-read what I already posted:

1. Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file or the stages from the Smash Service. You will need to wait at least 24 hours for the stage from the Smash Service to be automatically deleted before trying to run this exploit. DO NOT go on Wi-Fi once the Smash Service stage is deleted.

If this is complicated stuff, then you probably should not be attempting to mod your Wii. Have a grown up with a little bit of technical knowledge read through all the instructions and install things for you.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack

Edit:bolded for emphasis
Edit again: I did a quick google search using the title of this thread, and surprise surprise, the first result was this: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w.../data.jsp#SDwii

Its about as retard-friendly as it gets.

TheJorsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being able cheating in videogames isn't exactly something to brag about, and isn't exactly something you should excitedly tell others.
Just saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended