How do you clean your Nintendo DS Lite?

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello. Since there is no board in the NDS board about the NDS I'm going to post this here..

I'm wondering how you clean your NDS Lite. How do you clean the case, the screen and so on.

I would also like to recieve tips on what to use while cleaning and etcetera.

I gotta go take a shower now.

- Nathilius

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ superrob: Okay. For the screens I breathe on them then I wiped them with my shirt or something.

Can you use Windex on the case and the screens and what kind of fabric is the best?

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
For cleaning screens i use alcohol based fluid and some special cleaning clout,
rest and sometimes screen i clean with micro fiber clout

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I have to admit, I was actually skeptical when a friend told me to use windex, but after seeing it's reccomended by lagman I guess it's what I'll keep on using.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I have to admit, I was actually skeptical when a friend told me to use windex, but after seeing it's reccomended by lagman I guess it's what I'll keep on using.

BuddahBelieve nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

No, but honestly it works, just don't go mad with the windex, it is liquid after all
tongue.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I clean my screen with distilled water and one of those cloths for glasses. Outside , I don't bother , I have a original DS , it can't harmed
smile.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Glasses cleaner + glasses wipe for screen, top only, for the touch screen I just use water and tissue paper.

For the body.. I don't really clean it, I have a skin and a case over it. I don't even clean the case. But I clean the buttons after my friends use it after eating something greasy. With toothpaste. Mint...

I clean my stylus though, with water and tissue. Love my gold stylus.
tongue.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys don't spray it on, do you? I'm one of those overly careful guys and I wouldn't spray anything in the direction of my DS...

A towelette damped in Windex should work fine, correct?

Jaxtaylor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I prefer to use a lint-free cloth, boiled (twice) and then dried in a room with a de-humidifier on full blast. Before I clean the screens, I like to wash my hands (twice) and then air dry them (tissue and towels tend to leave lint on your hands). I wipe them (twice) in the same direction using an alcohol based liquid on the cloth (with latex gloves on, of course) and then destroy the cloth (twice) to make sure it's never used again - or (twice)

As for the case, I prefer to remove the case, destroy it and buy a new one. I tend to this twice bi-monthly.

If I can't be bothered to do any of that, I go for the shirt sleve option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night