how do you change the gamebody colour palette in supercard mini?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by hammydude, Mar 6, 2008.

1. hammydude
    OP

Newcomer hammydude Member

I have a supercard mini. When i play original gamebody gamges, they are in black in white! How do you make them into colour, like the gameboy advance would add colour to gameboy gamges.

Can you do this? I think i have the original firmware that came with my supercard mini, do i need to upgrade?

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I'm pretty sure they were originally black and white, though I saw some people have hacked versions where Super Mario Land was in color.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can hack the rom, but that's it.

You're referring to the automatic colors the GBC and GBA applied to regular old GB games, right? Unfortunately, this is not possible. The coloring info for that is actually stored directly on the GBC BIOS itself, with each GB game having its own entry. The GBC BIOS has never been successfully dumped. Therefore, the only thing you can do is create your own palettes based off what they originally looked like.

If you go into the display options you'll find a few alternate color schemes you can use. Later versions of Goomba Color have support for the first few Super Gameboy palettes as well, which I usually find sufficient for most games.