Hacking How do you change a DVD+R Booktype to -R?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am following the guide here: http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test
I need to change the booktype from DVD+R to DVD-R. To do this I was following this guide: http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
Everything on the guide in the second link was working fine, but the dvd decrypter I downloaded does not contain any of the names that are in the guide. Its just called dvd decryper, but it looks the exact same as the pictures in the guide. Once I get to step 7, I cant proceed. No matter what I put for the "Change For" the "Current Settings" always says, "Unknown (FAILED!)"

Any help or another way to change the booktype to DVD-R would be great. Thanks!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depending on the media u are using and the firmware of you DVD-RAM device,
you can change the booktype of you media within the program you use to burn your discs.

There's nothing special needed.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It depends on the software, the burner and the driver for the burner. I needed to install a custom firmware for my burner to be able to bitset DVD+R to DVD-R. If you have bad luck, then your burner or its firmware won't allow you to do it.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using IMGBurn like FIX94 suggested to use. I am still coming to the same problems that I did before using my regular computers ability to burn disk. If you need to know what computer im using its

Windows 7 Enterprise

Processor: Intel Core™ i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.43 GB usable)

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

also the disk I am trying to burn on is Maxell DVD+R 4.7 GB RW

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the icon near the bottom left that looks like a book and click it. Find the brand of your DVD drive and there will be an option "Change For". Pick "Drive (For DVD+R Media)". After that pick DVD-R from the drop down list next to "New Setting".

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
It depends on the software, the burner and the driver for the burner. I needed to install a custom firmware for my burner to be able to bitset DVD+R to DVD-R. If you have bad luck, then your burner or its firmware won't allow you to do it.

^ this.

You might be out of luck. My laptop burner does not support booktyping, but my desktop burner does.
You could try googling if other people are able to do it with the same burner.
Or try the manufacters website.

Otherwise, buy DVD-r disks, or even better: an usb harddrive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?