Hacking How do you burn WII Games?

crumpster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use Nero Burning Rom to burn the game, if the image is unscrambled that is. All of the USA releases are unscrambled and ready to go except The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy/Open Season.

Use good quality media like Verbatim 16X dvd-r's, and set the booktype to DVD-ROM for dvd+r's and you should be ok.

buda3012

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I think, that you have to change wii extension to .iso or just add .iso and then you can burn it.
But the disk image is too big for one layer DVD.

crumpster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think, that you have to change wii extension to .iso or just add .iso and then you can burn it.
But the disk image is too big for one layer DVD.

Actually its not, red steel fits perfectly fine on a single layer dvd. I just opened nero and used the default settings and it burned.. i'm not sure if its right or not.

buda3012

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Maybe Red Steel fits. I havent tried yet.But Wario Smoth Moves doesnt.
We have to wait until review of the mod....and then some tutorial will come on the site.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Ok, I'm getting ready for this modchip and have been trying to burn Red Steel. Since Red Steel is already in ISO format (Already decrypted), I assume I can goto any dvd burning software and burn it right? Well Alcohol 120/Dvd Decryptor say its unknown image. So how can I start burning these games?

I have just asked a member of the Ninja team:
if you have the .iso of Red Steel, just make sure it is already unscrambled (if you try unscrambling an already unscrambled game, it will have no effect) and you can burn it with any burning program like Nero

smile.gif
we should do that too to get ready for the Wiinja review!

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Unscramble it first, use .iso extension, burn it to a DVD-R or +R

And how do one unscramble it???

? It's a beginning. Full raw dump, unscramble with "GOD/WOD ??
? unscrambler 0.4" by xt5 avaliable at: ??
? http://www.ingenieria-inversa.cl/?p=9 ??

Thanks
wink.gif

I'll wait for the gbatemp review then, I hope Wiinja works good, though I'm tempted to wait for a better one which breaks the region lock.

leetage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The wii can play DVD's? Shows how much i know.

So if i am right you 'buy' the iso. Unsramble it and burn it with nero to a dvd?

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
people dont worry as soon as the chip comes out the scene will be flooded with unscrambled isos. all you have to do is burn them.

AgeJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the unscrambler program is easy to use. just put it in the map with the iso and go to start>run type cmd go to the folder with the program and type "unscrambler input.wii output.iso" just replace input with the name of the raw dump and output to the desired filename and voila after a few minutes your done

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the Qwiif releases are unscrambled. Am I right in thinking that scrambled images are technically too big to be burned on a single layer DVD?

Otherwise I just wasted three DVDs....

unusername

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i have the first .iso of Red Steel by paradox... it needs to be unscrambled (start menu->run->cmd-> go to directory->unscrambler.exe red_steel.iso red_steel_unscrambled.iso) and burn it with nero.

i have wario sm and wiiplay, but pal releases. i actually have a ntsc wii (latinoamerica...:-( )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...