Hacking How do you burn an ISO to a DVD+R

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I noticed that a lot of people say that you should burn ISO images for Wii games to DVD-Rs, but I don't have any of them, I only have DVD+Rs, so I was wondering if it's possible to play the games using DVD+Rs, and are there any special things you need to do to make them playable? I'm asking cuz I got a good iso of SMG2 and I burned it to a DVD+R and I put in the wii and load it w/neogamma r8 and it doesn't work (I have cIOS 249 rev 14 and I installed IOS56_64_v5405.wad onto my wii)...so is there anything else I need to do to make it work? (I chose the "Burn an image" option and burned at 4x, and after all the stuff on the wii, it didn't work...)

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
exactly the same way... although, using imation dvd+r, i have had more bad burns (on average) than dvd-r's...

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, my DVD+R's have 4.7 gig each XD....but also, I'm using Nero to burn them, and people say there's something called "booktype" you need to use...? Anyone can explain? I'm asking cuz I got a good iso of SMG2 and I burned it to a DVD+R and I put in the wii and load it w/neogamma r8 and it doesn't work (I have cIOS 249 rev 14 and I installed IOS56_64_v5405.wad onto my wii)...so is there anything else I need to do to make it work?

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all dvd's, dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, are all the same size! and they're all compatible with the wii? damage, pretty sure ive been using all different dvd types for a long time now, and my wii works just fine!

very straight forward process, heres a small google tutorial.

no idea what a book type is.....nero? no thanks mate!
download imgburn, it's incredibly easy to use, just drop the .iso on and it'll sort the setting, then burn it up!

pretty sure nero has loads of different, confusing settings, like this booktype you speak of? why bother i say!
img burn all the way!!!

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
fishykipper said:
all dvd's, dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, are all the same size! and they're all compatible with the wii? damage, pretty sure ive been using all different dvd types for a long time now, and my wii works just fine!

very straight forward process, heres a small google tutorial.

no idea what a book type is.....nero? no thanks mate!
download imgburn, it's incredibly easy to use, just drop the .iso on and it'll sort the setting, then burn it up!

pretty sure nero has loads of different, confusing settings, like this booktype you speak of? why bother i say!
img burn all the way!!!
ImgBurn has booktype thing. DVD+R booktyped to DVD-ROM is actually better then just a DVD-R
wink.gif
it defeats the purpose of the 001 error.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
DVD+R doesnt have enough space to burn a Wii game

What ???? - Good god , are people still clueless about this ?? DVD+R's have been tested and confirmed to work but are less reliable to work than DVD-R. These tests have been done by a large community of people on many different wii's. DVD-R are just more reliable - nothing else.
I have personally had a DVD+R work on one wii and not work on 3 other ones for the exact same disc.

johncenafan427 said:
you should use dvd-r's
dvd+r's do more damage to the wii than dvd-r's.

Ohh god - how do people come up with this ?
DVD+R's DO NOT do more damage to you wii - thats bullshit. The disc lifespan of the wii is based on the crystals that were used to make the lens and the extend of the flaws that are in each one of them. If you do the math on it , the average expected running time of a wii for NON STOP usage is just under 12 years. ... using a DVD+R or -R may cause more reads per game which may reduce the expected lifespan of the lens by 1 whole hour over its 12 year expected life..... such a worry.

Drag0nflamez said:
QUOTE(aguyyyy @ Jun 20 2010, 07:57 PM)
well i want to use nero, so do u know what to do 4 that?
dont use nero please...

just imgburn and you wont have problems of all this unneeded crap that comes with it.

Thank god some people still know what they are talking about !!!

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Drag0nflamez said:
aguyyyy said:
well i want to use nero, so do u know what to do 4 that?
dont use nero please...

just imgburn and you wont have problems of all this unneeded crap that comes with it.

Thank god some people still know what they are talking about !!!

I'm using my bro's pc to do this and he'll get pissed if I download anything onto it, but he already has Nero, so I want to use that----its my only option
sad.gif

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah either ask him whether you can download it - just assure him its safe (which it is from the original source and recognised mirrors) or just do it sneakily! Using Nero is setting you up for a world of pain and failed burns.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is DVDX necessary to play backups? (I had to download MH3 cause my sister is using my copy and we wanna play together, but I won't hack her new Wii.) I didn't really install it because I didn't think I would need it.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Is DVDX necessary to play backups? (I had to download MH3 cause my sister is using my copy and we wanna play together, but I won't hack her new Wii.) I didn't really install it because I didn't think I would need it.
No.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Aeladya said:
No.

Cool, I know that one post with the link above said to download it, but I didn't think it was necessary, wanted to make sure first
biggrin.gif
. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.