PS1/2 How do you backup and play PS2 games?

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've used about10 DVDRs trying to backup my friend's guitar hero game. I have Swap Magic 3, Alcohol 120%, Nero7, DVD Decrypter, and a flurry of several other burning programs. I have just about given up... So can anyone tell me how step by step on how to copy a PS2 game from putting the disc into my drive to "having fun with the game"?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I use DVD Decrypter (Mode -> ISO -> Read) to rip the DVD. Then I burn using Nero Express on the lowest speed available (some people say you can burn at full speed, but I personally have problems with it if I do).

However this doesn't always work with every single game (just most) and sometimes I have to google around and see if there's some kind of trick to it. Out of 20 or so games, I've only had trouble with 2 games as far as I remember. I personally haven't burned either of the Guitar Hero games, so I don't know if there's any trick to them.

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, may it have something to do with my media? It's Sony Brand...
But I have used the above method, with no avail.

Also, if you can give me a step by step of "when using the PS2" because i think i may be doing something wrong there...

OR: I'm not totally sure, but SwapMagic 3 also comes with a slide tool and something else, but when i bought it i bought the disc alone, because i have opened the ps2 while it was playing and had no trouble. NOTE: i have the PS2 that's about the same size as a wii, not the HUGE one.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
could be media, i know playstation was less picky for me though, lets me play crap media but fmv and music would shutter but still played

Swap Magic doesnt come with swap tool unless indicated, but the tools are required, unless if you use tape to hold down the little buttons.

open your ps2 look for those 2 switches and tape them down and try it

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
strange thing though, nero will only let me burn at 4x, 8x, 12x, or 16x.

Thanks for all the replies! On swapmagic's website the pictures are too damn small to see, so i placed an order for the tools and then ill see what fits where. Modchipstore.com should ship it by next week
frown.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use DVD decrypter or IMGBurn to image and burn the ISOs.

If you are willing to open up the console you can other things like electrical tape instead of the tools.

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Sony Brand DVD+Rs. I also have two DVD burners, one is a PIONEER, the other is a TSSTCorp.

and legendofphil, if i was going to open the console, i'd get a modchip. (dont mean to sound cruel)

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:
I finallly got it to work, i lost a piece, and broke another, and superglued the third one. An overall normal job for me. Thnx guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0