Gaming How do you back up a GBA games

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would somebody like to do it for me if I give them the GBA cart which they can keep after they have done it for me, it's cheaper than getting a DS to do it

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
I gave you a guide... you can do it yourself. And even if you didn't have a guide you'd be able to do it it's so simple.

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gariscus said:
I gave you a guide... you can do it yourself. And even if you didn't have a guide you'd be able to do it it's so simple.

I dont have a DS or DS Lite I have a DSi XL

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you need to get the save file off of the GBA game I'd recommend you to download the game from somewhere. It'd be far simpler than sending your GBA game to someone.

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gariscus said:
Unless you need to get the save file off of the GBA game I'd recommend you to download the game from somewhere. It'd be far simpler than sending your GBA game to someone.
Yes it would but I am after a clean dump and I can't find one

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
RedBaron said:
I have a DSi XL and I want to back up a GBA game, how do you do it?

You don't. There is no tool to dump a gba save with DSi/XL/LL, there is also no gba slot for you to interact with either.

You need either real GBA hardware with a flashcart cable or action replay or a DS/L.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W/o a slot 2 enabled DS or a GBA you will need a linker. A lot of proper GBA flash carts came w/ them. You may be able to find a user somewhere w/ a dead flash cart that still has his/her linker that they would sell you. If not, you could buy this.

Seriously though, most GBA ROMs you are going to download are going to be clean or labeled as patched if your source is even remotely reliable. There is very little to be gained from dumping it yourself so that you end up w/ a "clean" ROM. For that matter, if you sent it to someone to dump, they could easily send you a file they downloaded off the net and sent to you as the dump w/o actually having the ability to dump it themselves... How would you know? Hell, I have a linker and a DS Lite I could use to dump your game, but if I already had your game on my HD, whether I dumped it myself or downloaded it, I'd be real tempted to just send you the file from my HD rather than dumping your cart. IF you sent your cart to me I would actually dump it for you, but most people wouldn't, some people would just keep your cart w/o sending anything.

Also, if you give them the cart in exchange for dumping it, you no longer own the cart or have the rights to play it. So if you don't want to download it because of the piracy issue, well, you would be the pirate whenever you used the ROM image and the dumper would be legit as you just transferred your ownership of that software to them.

Seriously, just download it. Or buy a used GBA or knock off GBA from your online Chinese shop of choice and play it on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: